The entrance to Frostflow Abyss is located within the basement of the Frostflow Lighthouse. It is an underground labyrinth guarded by several Falmer and Chaurus. You can either find a key that will allow you to open the door to the basement or you will have to pick the lock, it is an expert lock.
The icy cave follows a winding path leading to a drop into several large caverns. The caverns are hatcheries for Chaurus.
- Frostflow Abyss
- Potential location for the Rescue Mission radiant quest given to you by Skjor or Vilkas in Jorrvaskr (Companions quest)
- In the first chamber, hidden around a blind corner on the right hand side is a knapsack containing random loot.
- Quicksilver Ore vein in the second chamber with a lot of chaurus egg sacs.
- Falmer chest behind some cobweb in the third room on the left side with random loot.
This section contains bugs related to Frostflow Abyss. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Occasionally, the locked falmer chests here will not open immediately after being unlocked. Instead, the Dragonborn will have to select the chest again to view its contents.
- Progressing through the cellar and finding Habd's Remains prior to accepting the quest will initiate the radiant quest, but will not be able to be completed.
- Your follower may get stuck going down ledges in middle egg room, using a shield bash would knock them off and free them to follow again.