Frostflow Abyss quest is obtained upon entering the Frostflow Lighthouse for the first time. Due to the enemies encountered (including Falmer and a Chaurus Reaper), it is not advised for low-leveled players to undertake the quest. Upon entry, the lighthouse interior is in disarray, with several grisly murders having been committed in the lighthouse. The Dragonborn is given the task of finding the source of the murders, and upon reading the journals found in Frostflow Lighthouse, the Dragonborn will find clues regarding what has happened and how to proceed. The unique reward for the quest is the active effect Sailor's Repose.
- Find the source of the murders at Frostflow Lighthouse (main objective automatically obtained).
- Place Habd's Remains in the lighthouse beacon fire (secondary objective obtained by reading Ramati's Journal).
- Enter Frostflow lighthouse noting Ramanti's corpse lying near a dead Chaurus.
- Investigate the lighthouse living quarters, reading the family's journals.
- Get the cellar key from the burial urn on the mantle.
- Kill the family's attackers.
- Take Habd's Remains to the lighthouse brazier.
Begin the primary questEdit
First, obtain the key for accessing the cellar of the lighthouse from within a burial urn on the mantle above the fireplace (as stated within Sudi's Journal). Unlock the cellar door, and proceed down the stairs, taking care to avoid the bear traps on the steps. Kill any Chaurus in the cellar, and go to the opening in the far wall.
Locate the next passageway, and head deeper into the abyss. The next chamber has Falmer dwellings and a fenced-in area where Sudi's body lies, along with the Scrawled page and Bloodstained note. There will also be Falmer and chaurus.
Continue exploring, dealing with the chaurus as preferred (killing or sneaking past them) until the Dragonborn arrives at a hole in the floor where the only way to proceed is to jump down onto a ledge. Do so, and kill the chaurus that are in the area. Harvest Chaurus Eggs if desired (there are several hundred available here, as the area is a Chaurus nest), and continue to explore, dealing with more chaurus along the way. Next will be a large cavern with stalactites, several chaurus, and a Chaurus Reaper. The Chaurus Reaper must be killed before one can exit the abyss, and can be difficult for lower-leveled players, and is guarded by at least one chaurus. When killed, the Chaurus Reaper will have Habd's Remains (necessary to gain the power Sailor's Repose), as well as Habd's Lighthouse Key.
The final objective: Habd's last requestEdit
With Habd's Remains in hand, continue forward to a trail that leads up along a ledge that leads back to the opening of the abyss. There is a Falmer chest on the pathway. At what looks like the end of the path, jump down to end up in the first room entered when exploring the abyss.
Return to the lighthouse cellar, go upstairs (watch out for the bear trap, as it is now reset), and pick the lock the other wooden door, which leads to the top of the lighthouse. There, climb the ladder that leads to the pot of fire, and activate it. The activation of the lighthouse torch will remove Habd's Remains from the inventory and give the Dragonborn the active effect: Sailor's Repose (Healing spells cure 10% more). Habd's Lighthouse Key is needed to open the chest that is on the roof of the lighthouse, and once this last task is undertaken the quest is complete.
- The Torchbug in a Jar is on the mantel.
- The Restoration Skill Book Mystery of Talara, Book II is under a bed in the northern room.
- The Chaurus Reaper found in the cave is much larger than the regular Chaurus Reapers found elsewhere.
This section contains bugs related to Frostflow Abyss (Quest). Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
If Frostflow Abyss has been cleared before starting the quest, it will be impossible to finish.
- console command code, setstage dunFrostflowAbyssQST 90, will finish the quest. Inputting the