|Class: Light Armor, Helmet|
|Upgrade Material: Leather|
There are only nine known fur helmets in the game. They can only be found at fixed locations and cannot be bought from blacksmiths, general goods merchants or found as random loot in chests. These locations are:
- Dainty Sload - On the crate near the entrance. A second is found deeper in, on an end table to the right, just after coming up the stairs from the hold into the first mate's area.
- White River Watch - On a table to the left, after ascending the first set of stairs. A second is found on an end table in the room just past the first set of stairs.
- Skybound Watch Pass - Two can be found on a shelf at the first corner, if entering from North Skybound Watch and heading south.
- Mzinchaleft - In a snowy room one can be found on the table on the right.
- Found at an unmarked Reaver camp southwest of Hrothmund's Barrow heading up the hillDB
- Another found on top of the tower opposite the Word Wall at Autumnwatch Tower.
- One can be found at the edge of the broken table near the entrance to Darkshade.
A fur helmet can be upgraded at a workbench with leather, however it does not benefit from any Smithing perks. This means the helmet cannot be improved past flawless quality without boosting the Smithing skill over 100. This can be achieved by using enchanted items and/or blacksmithing potions to Fortify Smithing.