|Skill Level||Novice (0)|
|Effect||Creatures and people up to level 6 will attack anything nearby for 30 seconds.|
|Spell Tome||Purchased |
Altmer starting spell
Fury is a Novice-level Illusion spell in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Casting it causes foes up to level 6 to attack anything nearby for 30 seconds. Altmer begin the game with this spell. Of the two demoralizing spells, Fury is the lower-level one, and Mayhem ranks above it.
- "Novice Illusion"- Cast Novice level Illusion spells for half magicka.
- "Illusion Dual Casting" - Dual casting an Illusion spell overcharges the effects into an even more powerful version.
- "Animage" - Illusion spells now work on higher level animals. Excludes dragons and daedra.
- "Kindred Mage" - All Illusion spells work on higher level people. Includes Hold guards.
- "Quiet Casting" - All spells cast from any school of magic are silent to others.
- "Rage" - Frenzy spells work on higher level opponents (+12 levels).
- "Master of the Mind" - Illusion spells work on undead, daedra, and automatons.
- Weight: 1
- Value: 43
- See Spell Tome for a complete table of spell tomes, their descriptions, and their values.
- Calcelmo - Understone Keep
- Drevis Neloren - The College of Winterhold
- Falion - his home in Morthal
- Farengar Secret-Fire - Dragonsreach
- Madena - The White Hall
- Nelacar - The Frozen Hearth
- Lucan Valerius - Riverwood Trader
- Sybille Stentor - Blue Palace
- Wuunferth the Unliving - Palace of the Kings
- Wylandriah - Mistveil Keep
- Fury is useful for killing targets in highly public places, such as for the Dark Brotherhood. Casting it on a person is not considered a crime, if hidden or sneaking. The ensuing riot causes the targeted person to be killed in the fray, leaving the killer veiled.
- This spell is useful for stealthy or ranged-offensive characters, because targets become distracted by eachother, allowing the player to throw destruction spells or arrows into the fray without being detected and attacked. It is also useful for players who are nightblades, which is a mix of a mage and an assassin.
- Casting fury on a non-hostile target will be counted as assault if seen by a guard or reported (bounty increase of 40 ), but killing the target while they are still affected by fury will not count as murder and not result in a bounty increase.
- Birds will be instantly killed when hit with this spell, even though it deals no damage.
- Casting Fury on an enemy while fighting them will cause them to sheathe and unsheathe their weapon. It may also make them say another line of combat dialogue.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)
| Call to Arms • Calm • Clairvoyance • Courage • Fear • Frenzy • Fury • Harmony • Hysteria • Invisibility |
Mayhem • Muffle • Pacify • Rally • Rout • Vision of the Tenth Eye
|Schools of Magic|
|Alteration • Conjuration • Destruction • Illusion • Restoration|
|Illusion Ritual Spell • Magicka • Perks • Magic • The College of Winterhold • Illusion trainers|