The location is named for the rope noose which hangs from a rocky outcrop in the outer courtyard.
- Chests containing random loot
- Hides and Alchemy ingredients
- Wolf Armor on Skjor's body
- The treasure of Treasure Map VII can be found here
- Last Scabbard of Akrash (Smithing)
- The Importance of Where (One-Handed), on a table with pelt and pickaxe.
- Upon entering the fort, there is a doorway blocked by spikes and guarded by two werewolf heads on sticks. There is a pull chain on the pillar behind the left head which will retract the spikes and allow entrance to the rest of the fort.
- Prior to the addition of the Werewolf Vargr in Dawnguard, Gallows Rock contained the only inherently hostile werewolf in the game.
- The werewolves are not hostile if the Dragonborn is in beast form.
- The fort is an excellent source of the ingredient Human Flesh, because it may be looted from all werewolf corpses.
- Treasure Map VII leads to Gallows Rock.
This section contains bugs related to Gallows Rock. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Open bar glitch (door in first room).