|Location||Southwest of Windhelm|
|Quests||The Silver Hand|
Krev the Skinner
Gallows Rock is a fort located in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. It is located in Eastmarch, Skyrim. A group of werewolf hunters, the Silver Hand, has made the fort one of its headquarters. Upon return to Gallows Rock some time after completing The Companions quest The Silver Hand, the fort may have reset with more enemies and loot.
The location is named after the rope noose which hangs from a rocky outcrop in the outer courtyard. Treasure Map VII leads to this fort.
- Chests containing random loot
- Hides and Alchemy ingredients
- Wolf Armor on Skjor's body
- The treasure of Treasure Map VII can be found here
- Last Scabbard of Akrash (Smithing)
- The Importance of Where (One-Handed)
- Upon entering the fort, you find yourself in a room with various items and a blocked doorway leading down a tunnel. The entrance to the doorway is guarded by two Werewolf heads on poles. There is a pullchain on the pillar behind the left head which will open the doorway.
- Any living werewolf found in a cage should be killed prior to opening the door to the cage, otherwise it will attack you.
- Prior to the addition of the Werewolf Vargr in Dawnguard, Gallows Rock contained one of the only two hostile Werewolves in the game, the other being Sinding, should the Dragonborn choose to kill him.
- This dungeon is an excellent source of the Alchemy ingredient Human Flesh; every werewolf corpse (including the hostile werewolf) will have one.
This section contains bugs related to Gallows Rock. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Open bar glitch (door in first room).