Approaching certain statues will cause the dormant gargoyle to awaken. During combat, their claw attacks absorb health from the opponent.
Hit-and-run tactics and ranged combat both appear to work well, because gargoyles do not regenerate health, but can regain it when in a melee fight.
- The gargoyle will burst out from a nearby statue even if the Dragonborn is in sneak mode.
- If the area is revisited, the statue will still explode as if a gargoyle was bursting out of them, but the gargoyle won't respawn.
- While gargoyles are immune to damage before they "activate", Soul Trap spells and weapons will still take effect, causing even still inactive gargoyles to visibly glow, allowing the Dragonborn to tell them apart from plain statues.
This section contains bugs related to Gargoyle (Dawnguard). Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Sometimes when a two-handed finishing move occurs on one, the Dragonborn may fall through the floor.
- Sometimes, while the gargoyle is still pretending to be a statue, the statue will seem to be doubled. this can allow for easier detection of which statue is a gargoyle, and which is just a statue.confirmation needed
- Sometimes two gargoyle brutes will be traveling in the wilderness. Once killed, they will sometimes run in place. However, they count as dead, and so their bodies can be looted. To fix this, using the Unrelenting Force shout will knock their bodies over.
- After killing a gargoyle of any type, going through a loading screen door and then back into the room the player killed the gargoyle, its body will no longer be a ragdoll, but a gargoyle lying sideways on the floor with its model making it look like it is still alive. It can be searched though.
|Creatures and Enemies (The Elder Scrolls V: Dawnguard)|
|Named Creatures||Arvak • Bran • CuSith • The Forgemaster • Garmr • Naaslaarum • Sceolang • The Reaper • Voslaarum|
|Docile Creatures||Ancestor Moth • Armored Troll • Armored Frost Troll • Bone Hawk • Frost Giant |
Husky • Shellbug • Vale Deer • Soul Wisp
|Hostile Creatures|| Ancient Frost Atronach • Chaurus Hunter • Chaurus Hunter Fledgling • Death Hound |
Falmer Warmonger • Feral Falmer • Frozen Chaurus • Frozen Falmer • Gargoyle (Brute • Sentinel)
Legendary Dragon • Revered Dragon • Spriggan Earth Mother • Vale Sabre Cat
|Undead||Boneman • Keeper • Mistman • Wrathman • Nightlord Vampire • Nightmaster Vampire|