|Base ID||xx017702, xx016907, xx00F4D6|
Approaching certain statues will cause the dormant gargoyle to awaken. During combat, their claw attacks absorb health from the opponent.
Gargoyles will drop leveled gemstones and ores, so they're a good source of income since they can provide the materials needed for crafting jewelry.
Hit and run tactics along with ranged combat appears to work well, because gargoyles do not regenerate health but can regain it when in a melee fight.
- The gargoyle will burst out from a nearby statue even if the Dragonborn is in sneak mode.
- If the area is revisited, the statue will still explode as if a gargoyle was bursting out of them, but the gargoyle won't respawn.
- While gargoyles are immune to damage before they "activate", Soultrap spells and weapons will still take effect, causing even still inactive gargoyles to visibly glow, allowing the Dragonborn to tell them apart from plain statues.
- Sometimes when a two-handed finishing move occurs on one, the Dragonborn may fall through the floor.
- Sometimes, while the gargoyle is still pretending to be a statue, the statue will seem to be doubled. this can allow for easier detection of which statue is a gargoyle, and which is just a statue. (needs additional confirmation.)
- Sometimes two gargoyle brutes will be traveling in the wilderness. Once killed, they will sometimes run in place. However, they count as dead, and so their bodies can be looted. To fix this, using the Unrelenting Force shout will knock their bodies over.