Gerdur is a Nord who resides in Riverwood. She and her husband, Hod, both run the lumber mill.
If her brother Ralof, the Stormcloak, is followed escaping Helgen, she will help the Dragonborn by giving them a key to her house and offer supplies:
Gerdur will buy firewood from the player.
- PC 360 PS3 A rare bug occurs with Gerdur. She can be cast into Frenzy, randomly letting her kill her husband and try to kill her son. This happens even if the Dragonborn does not have Frenzy.
- If Hadvar is followed in the quest "Unbound" and thus accept help from Alvor, the blacksmith there, she may send hired thugs to attack the Dragonborn.
- PC 360 PS3 Killing Gerdur does not make Ralof hostile, but he may ask, "What do you want, milk-drinker?"
- PC Fast traveling to Riverwood can rarely make her hostile towards you.
- 360 She may send hired thugs to attack the Dragonborn even when Ralof is followed.