If her brother, Ralof (a Stormcloak), is followed while escaping Helgen, she will help the Dragonborn by giving them a key to her house and offering them supplies. Also, if she dies, the Dragonborn will receive a Letter of Inheritance.
- Alto wine
- Carrots (2)
- Elder cheese wedge
- Honningbrew mead (2)
- Potion of minor healing (3)
- Rabbit haunch
- Red apple
- Silver necklace (uncommon)
- Enchanted jewlery (on rare occasions)
Gerdur will buy firewood from the Dragonborn.
She can also sell logs to the Dragonborn to build houses with the installation of The Elder Scrolls V: Hearthfire.
- If Hadvar is followed in the quest "Unbound" and thus accept help from Alvor, Riverwood's blacksmith, she may send hired thugs after the Dragonborn.
- Delphine, Alvor, Sigrid and Faendal, Gerdur can attack the Dragonborn for no apparent reason. Yielding to a guard or fast traveling to a different hold can generally fix this. Along with
- Frenzy. A rare bug can occur with Gerdur. She can be cast into Frenzy, randomly letting her kill her husband and try to kill her son. This happens even if the Dragonborn does not have
- Killing Gerdur does not make Ralof hostile, but he may ask, "What do you want, milk-drinker?"
- Fast traveling to Riverwood can rarely make her hostile towards you.
- She may send hired thugs to attack the Dragonborn even when Ralof is followed.