Ghosts are undead spirits that cannot be harmed by ordinary physical attacks but can be damaged by magic, silver, daedric, enchanted weapons (the weapon does not need to have a charge to be effective), or hand-to-hand (Journeyman) combat.
Ghosts will only attack with ranged and melee magic; most of the time they use frost damaging spells.
Ghosts are particularly susceptible to shock damage.
- Lesser - Common Ghost
- Common - Ancient Ghost
- Ancient Ghost
- Sanctified Ghost - under most chapels.
- Benirus Manor Ghost - in Benirus Manor during the quest Where Spirits Have Lease - side quest.
- Sanctified Ancient Spectre - beneath Bravil's chapel.
- A way to tell friendly ghosts from hostile ghosts is by looking for legs. If they are just a floating figure and do not look anything like a human would, they are most likely dangerous.
- Sometimes they will use silence on their foes.
- The Honorblade of Chorrol, while not enchanted, is effective against ghosts.
- The Elder Scrolls: Arena
- The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- The Elder Scrolls Online
|Creatures (The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion)|
|Animals||Bear • Boar • Deer • Dog • Horse • Mountain Lion • Mudcrab • Rat • Sheep • Slaughterfish • Unicorn • Wolf|
|Creatures||Goblin • Imp • Land Dreugh • Minotaur • Ogre • Spriggan • Troll • Will-o-the-Wisp|
|Daedra||Clannfear • Daedroth • Flame Atronach • Frost Atronach • Scamp • Spider Daedra • Storm Atronach • Xivilai|
|Undead||Ghost • Lich • Skeleton • Wraith • Zombie|
|Shivering Isles||Baliwog • Elytra • Flesh Atronach • Gatekeeper • Gnarl • Grummite • Hunger • Scalon • Shambles • Skinned Hound|