After completing several quests for one of the ten Knight Orders of the Iliac Bay, the Agent will be accepted into said Order. From that point on they will have to make their way up the internal rank ladder to gain more lucrative and noteworthy quests, to improve their reputation.
- Speak with a Quester from a joined Knight Order.
- Journey to and enter the specified dungeon.
- Track down and slay the giant.
- Report back to the Quester before the time limit expires.
After gaining a fair amount of reputation within a Knight Order, the Agent will be asked to slay a giant. A Quester representing the Order states that the giant must be killed, for it has been "raiding farms and devouring cattle." With that, the Quester will tell the Agent where to find the giant: a nearby dungeon.
The Giant SlayerEdit
The Agent must journey to and enter the specified dungeon, before searching through the depths of the dungeon for the giant. It is possible that the Agent will encounter several giants during their search, supplemented by the usual collection of creatures and humanoids. Regardless, the Agent must eliminate the target giant, whose death will be confirmed when the Agent themself remarks:
With the giant dead, the Agent must escape the dungeon and return to the Quester before the time limit expires.
The Agent will not receive any physical reward for completing the quest successfully, but will instead get a significant boost to their reputation within the region. The penalties for failing the quest remain true to a usual quest:
|Giant Raiding - b0b40y09|
[Quester's name] of [knightly order] in [town] told me of a Giant that needs slaying in [dungeon]. I only have [x] days.
- This quest is strikingly similar to two other quests in The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall:
- NPCs have a selection of comments to make referencing the quest when asked for any news:
- Acceptance:"Giants are not generally all that aggressive. But the one in [dungeon] sure is."
- Success: "The [knightly order] saved [region] again. A [player's race] of their order killed the [dungeon] giant."
- Failure: "I hear the [dungeon] giant moved down south. They must be cursing us there."
|The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall – Knight Orders|
|Allies of Daggerfall||Knights of the Dragon • Knights of the Owl|
|Allies of Wayrest||Knights of the Flame • Knights of the Rose • Order of the Raven|
|Allies of Sentinel||Host of the Horn • Knights of the Hawk • Knights of the Wheel • Order of the Candle • Knights of the Scarab|
|Non-member Quests||The Traitor • The Hunter • Band of Orcs • Pest Control|
|Member Quests||Rescue a Princess • Retribution • Crazed Orc Mercenary • The Orcish Hoard • The Orc Raids • Giant Raiding • Banish the Ghost • Eternal Rest|
|Elite Member Quests||The Dragonslayer • Invasion from Oblivion • Artifact of Power • The Army of the Undead • The Lost Artifact|