According to the Pocket Guide to the Empire, Third Edition, Gideon was a city that was created originally by the Ayleid civilization. Fortunately for the township, it was sufficiently distant from Cyrodiil for it to avoid destruction during the Alessian Order.
- There is a tavern that existed in the late First Era, The Sow and Vulture, where Zuuk is known to have recruited members.
- Talen-Jei was the name of a bartender in Gideon. The character later moved to Riften in The Bee and Barb in Skyrim.
- The Elder Scrolls: Arena
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (Mentioned only)
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Mentioned only)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Mentioned only)