|Ref ID||xx0182AF, xx02582C|
|Base ID||xx0182AE, xx02582B|
Gjalund is found in Windhelm Docks and brings the Dragonborn to Solstheim.
At first he says he doesn't want to go back to Solstheim. He can't remember how he sailed to Windhelm and he can't remember anything from the whole journey. This is the reason why he doesn't want to go back. He can be bribed, intimidated or persuaded to bring the Dragonborn to Solstheim.
After the first trip to Solstheim, Gjalund will charge you 250 gold for each consecutive trip. However, this can be bypassed by using the fast travel arrow on the corner of Solstheim's and Skyrim's world map to alternatively traverse the two regions.
Conversation with AdrilEdit
- Adril: Gjalund. I was starting to wonder what happened to you.
- Gjalund: We... uh were delayed by bad weather. Before you even ask... yes I have the supplies you requested. But...
- Adril: But what?
- Gjalund: This load cost me double what we had agreed on. Nothing I can do about it.
- Adril: Damn it Gjalund. You know we don't have that much coin.
- Gjalund: Look, the East Empire Company didn't give me a choice. They've raised their prices again, and there's nothing I can do about it.
- Adril: After all the years, they're gouging us for every last drake we have. Let me talk to Lleril. I'll see what we can do.
- Gjalund: All right, Adril. Don't worry about rushing it. Just pay me when you can.
If the player is over-encumbered and trying to get back to Skyrim, Gjalund will still give the appropriate dialogue and charge the player the fee of 250 gold (and takes the cash), but after a very short loading screen the player will not have moved from the spot they were standing in when they talked to him.
- Dropping the appropriate amount of items will make the ship usable again, but at that point it is easier to just fast travel and save yourself some gold.