Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
At first he says he doesn't want to go back to Solstheim. He can't remember how he sailed to Windhelm and he can't remember anything from the whole journey. This is the reason why he doesn't want to go back. He can be bribed, intimidated or persuaded to bring the Dragonborn to Solstheim.
After the first trip to Solstheim, Gjalund will charge you 250 for each consecutive trip. However, this can be bypassed by using the fast travel arrow on the corner of Solstheim's and Skyrim's world map to alternatively traverse the two regions.
Conversation with AdrilEdit
- Adril: Gjalund. I was starting to wonder what happened to you.
- Gjalund: We... uh were delayed by bad weather. Before you even ask... yes I have the supplies you requested. But...
- Adril: But what?
- Gjalund: This load cost me double what we had agreed on. Nothing I can do about it.
- Adril: Damn it Gjalund. You know we don't have that much coin.
- Gjalund: Look, the East Empire Company didn't give me a choice. They've raised their prices again, and there's nothing I can do about it.
- Adril: After all the years, they're gouging us for every last drake we have. Let me talk to Lleril. I'll see what we can do.
- Gjalund: All right, Adril. Don't worry about rushing it. Just pay me when you can.
- Some characters, including the Redoran Guard, pronounce his name as "Jalund" with an English-style "j" sound.
- He shares his name with a former Jarl of Whiterun (see Gjalund).
- Attacking him will get you a bounty in Winterhold.
This section contains bugs related to Gjalund Salt-Sage. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- (and takes the cash), but after a very short loading screen the Dragonborn will not have moved from the spot they were standing in when they talked to him.
If the Dragonborn is over-encumbered and trying to get back to Skyrim, Gjalund will still give the appropriate dialogue and charge the Dragonborn a fee of 250
- Dropping the appropriate amount of items will make the ship usable again, but at that point it is easier to just fast travel and save yourself some gold.