|Class: Light Armor|
|Upgrade Material: Refined Malachite|
|Perk: Glass Smithing|
Unenchanted pieces of armor will begin to appear throughout Skyrim at level 36 and enchanted variants can be found at level 37. However, some enchanted pieces may be found as low as level 29-31, and unenchanted pieces can begin to appear at level 27. Locations include:
- Blacksmiths and general goods merchants.
- Found as random loot in chests or as a world item. "Boss" chests have a higher chance of spawning Glass Armor at lower levels.
- Thalmor patrols will begin wearing unenchanted Glass Armor after level 36, replacing the Elven armor that they wore previously.
- Several sets are worn by the Thalmor Soldiers and archers in Northwatch Keep after level 36.
- Two sets are worn by Thalmor soldiers in the Thalmor Embassy after level 36.
To forge the complete set, the following components are required:
- Refined Malachite x9
- Refined Moonstone x5
- Leather Strips x8
- Leather x3
Pieces can be upgraded with a Refined Malachite ingot at a workbench and also benefits from the Glass Smithing perk, which doubles the improvement.
Attributes by piece
|Piece||Leather Strips||Leather||Refined Moonstone||Refined Malachite||ID|
|Total (with shield)||103||19||2080||10||4||6||13||–|
|Total (without shield)||76||13||1630||8||4||5||9||–|
This section contains bugs related to Glass Armor (Skyrim). Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- When jumping and looking forward or down, the decorative cowl by the neck will clip over a third of the screen upon landing. Looking up while landing will result in no cowl appearing on-screen.
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- The Elder Scrolls Online