They are first retrieved by the Dragonborn on Kodlak Whitemane's request during the quest "Blood's Honor," as a way of curing The Companions' Lycanthropy. One is used to cure the now-deceased Kodlak of his Lycanthropy at Ysgramor's Tomb during "Glory of the Dead," and are again used to cure Farkas and/or Vilkas during the "Purity" quest. One can also be used to permanently cure the Dragonborn's own Lycanthropy, should they wish it.
- After retrieving the head from the Witch and closing the menu, the Witch's body will disappear for a few seconds and then reappear, decapitated.
This section contains bugs related to Glenmoril Witch Head. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Re-entering the Glenmoril Cave during Blood's Honor makes the Witch Heads droppable, as well as finishing all quests related to the Witch Heads. During the Purity quest, in which the Dragonborn must attempt to remove Farkas and Vilkas's Lycanthropy, they must have one Glenmoril Witch head in the inventory. When the quest item glitch is initiated, however, Farkas and Vilkas do not recognize that the heads are in the inventory, rendering the quest impossible to complete. To resolve this, have a chosen NPC follow the Dragonborn during any of their side quests. Before completion of said quest, go inside of Glenmoril Witch Cave. Finish the quest, re-speak to them and the Purity quest will activate, permanently turning all of the Witch heads in the Dragonborn's inventory to disposable. If the Dragonborn does drop them and then pick them up again, they may be stuck in inventory as essential quest items.
- Shrine of Mehrunes Dagon, when it respawns it will always drop a Witch Head afterwards. If a Witch Head is put into a dead Dremora's inventory at the
- When doing the Purity quest the Glenmoril Witch Heads may not be consumed when the fire is activated. The quest can still be completed, however.
The Witch Heads may not show up in the inventory.
player.additem 0002996f xwhere x = the number of witch heads to add. The console command to add a Glenmoril Witch Head to the Dragonborn's inventory is:
- The console command to add a Glenmoril Witch Head to the Dragonborn's inventory is: