God of Schemes is a quest available in The Elder Scrolls Online. It begins at level 50 when the Vestige is near a town. It takes place in Heart's Grief, Molag Bal's fortress and temple to himself. It is the most feared place in Coldharbour.
United as the Five Companions with Lyris Titanborn, Abnur Tharn, The Prophet and Sai Sahan, the Souless One is able to take back their soul from Molag Bal. However, one of them must be sacrificed in order for the Souless One to receive Akatosh's power from the Amulet of Kings.
- Daedric Titans
- Seducer Predator
- Seducer Deadeye
- Seducer Cutthroat
- Skeletal Battlemage
- Enter Heart's Grief (Optional: Talk to Abnur Tharn)
- Talk to Abnur Tharn
- Explore the hall
- Talk to Mannimarco
- Continue to the throne room (Optional: Release Mannimarco)
- Approach the Seat of Tyranny
- Wait for the Five Companions to assemble
- Talk to Abnur Tharn
- Choose the sacrifice
- Perform the ritual (Stand in position)
- Receive the power of the Divines
- Vanquish Molag Bal
- Approach the source of the voice
- Reclaim your soul
- Witness the aftermath
- Talk to Meridia
- Return to the Harborage
- Talk to the survivors
- Talk to Cadwell
They must fight their way past Daedra until they can use the Sacrifice of Courage to begin the fight with Molag Bal. Molag Bal is weakened and falls to his knees, and the Souless One uses the power of Akatosh to cut him in half. After he is cut in half, the conflict which leads to the defeat of Molag Bal and his return to his own realm and the saving of Tamriel.
The Souless One is then transported to the Colored Rooms, where they reclaim their soul. Meridia and Molag Bal appear. Molag Bal has been severely weakened, and it will take him a long time to gather his strength. Abnur Tharn fled with the Amulet of Kings back to Cyrodiil, but he is unable to use it. The tear in the veil between Oblivion and Nirn has been repaired. The sacrificed member of the Companions becomes part of the Souless One, and the Souless One is able to travel to other alliances. After then, the Vestige can then do side quests and/or continue exploring and leveling up.
- One of the following weapons, depending on who was sacrificed:
- 1 Skill Point
- Molag Bal has a health of 6.4 million, which until the trials were added, was the highest in any elder scrolls boss battle.