When he was a child, his father locked him within the ancient tomb for three days, during which time he survived by eating the food given to his ancestors as offerings.
He asks for help in killing a necromancer, Vals Veran, who has entered the tomb and defiled the bodies of his ancestors. He asks the Dragonborn to find his aunt, Agna, who ventured further into the tomb in Golldir's stead.
As the Dragonborn and Golldir make their way through the tomb, Agna is discovered, deceased. He will become slightly annoyed if the Dragonborn takes treasures from the tomb, but allows it, as the Dragonborn is helping him stop Vals Veran.
After clearing the tomb, the Dragonborn ends up in a chamber with Vals Veran, and his Draugr army. If the Dragonborn is successful in protecting Golldir, he rewards them with coins and the key to the Hillgrund Chest. Golldir returns to his aunt and will be ready to aid the Dragonborn as a follower, as long as he survives the quest with the Dragonborn.
|Max Stats||Level 30|
Golldir is a warrior who specializes in heavy armor, block, and one-handed weapons (seemingly so since he starts off with a one handed axe when one first recruits him). He will use two-handed weapons as well, although his skill level is lower than his one-handed. He can also be recruited into the Blades.
If he can't be asked to follow, the Dragonborn should leave the tomb and he will be standing outside. The Dragonborn can then ask him to join.
By default, Golldir wears a full set of iron armor, excluding the helm.
If the Dragonborn steals a horse, Golldir will be dismissed due to his morality being set to "no stealing," however the Dragonborn can still steal objects without this happening.
Vals "The dead should be made to serve the living, not the other way around!"
Golldir "I'll return my ancestors to Sovngarde, and you with them!"
Vals "Sovngarde is a myth, you s'wit! And now you can join your ancestors in service to me."
- He also writes a Letter to Vals Veran.
- When talking about Vals Veran's dark elf necromancy, if the Dragonborn is a Dunmer, he will say "No offense, I mean, I'm sure you aren't into any of that kind of stuff."
- If Golldir somehow dies after the quest, a Letter of Inheritance will be sent to the Dragonborn, giving them 90 , after the tax is put on the letter.
- Golldir tells you his Father locked him in Hillgrund's Tomb as a child, on inspection of his inventory a letter from Agna will say his brother locked him in Hillgrund's Tomb.
- If items are taken from some of the chests within the tomb, Golldir is initially outraged, exclaiming "Hey! Those belong to my family!" However, he takes no action and accepts the Dragoborn pillaging the tomb so long as Vals Veran is dealt with.