They can be used by the Dragonborn. On use, the game enters third-person view, and the Dragonborn is shown walking around the mill, pushing the millstone. With the add-on The Elder Scrolls V: Hearthfire, they can be used to make sacks of flour.
- It takes three wheat to make a sack of flour.
- There are also wind powered grain mills, but they cannot be used to make sacks of flour.
- In the Creation Kit preview window, the grain mill has three animation options: AmLooping, AmIdle, and Break. The Break animation shows the wooden part of the mill coming un-hinged from the stone wheel, and several pieces falling off.
- Followers can be commanded to push a grain mill, but they will not create sacks of flour, even if wheat is given to them.
This section contains bugs related to Grain Mill. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- After being activated, if the Dragonborn backs out and stops pushing the mill, it will continue to move until it returns to the starting position, seemingly under its own power.