Upon meeting him, he asks the Dragonborn to play a game with him, either Tag or Hide-and-Seek. If the Dragonborn refuses to play, Gralnach will never open the dialogue window again.
If Tag is chosen, no other NPC besides Gralnach can be tagged, and immediately upon entering the nearby mill house, the miscellaneous quest will be completed and Gralnach will stop playing Tag.
If the Dragonborn casts a spell near him, like most children, he will ask to be made invisible.
If the Dragonborn kills Gralnach's mother, Gralnach will be cross with the Dragonborn and will say, "I hope monsters come and eat you" or "Go away!".
If killed by others (such as dragons, wolves etc.), he will say, "I can't believe my mother's gone. Now what'll I do?".
- "I hope monsters come and eat you."
- "I can't believe my mother's gone. Now what'll I do?"
- "Go away!"
- "I hope you aren't here to cause trouble. I'll fight ya if I have to."
This section contains bugs related to Gralnach. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- If the Dragonborn kills a dragon and absorbs its soul near Gralnach, he will say "In all my years, I've never seen such a thing", which is a dialogue written for adult NPCs, not children.
- It's possible Gralnach will be sent to Honorhall Orphanage even when Grosta isn't dead. When talked to, however, he will claim his parents are both dead.confirmation needed