|Grand Soul Gem|
| Base Value:|
|Type: Miscellaneous Item|
| FormID: |
- Main article: Soul Gem (Skyrim)
Soul gems are used for enchanting weapons and armor at an arcane enchanter or recharging previously enchanted weapons. After using a soul gem (with the exclusion of Azura's Star and The Black Star) it is destroyed. The grand soul gem is the largest soul gem that can be obtained in the game. A filled gem is also required to craft an arcane enchanter in a homestead if the Hearthfire add-on is installed.
- Filled and empty soul gems can be purchased from general goods merchants, Court Wizards, and some members of the College of Winterhold.
- Arch-Mage's Quarters at the College of Winterhold.
- Can be looted from Dwarven automatons.
- Can be looted from slain mages.
- Can be mined from Geode Veins in Blackreach.
This section contains bugs related to Grand Soul Gem (Skyrim). Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- If dropped in a pile for followers to pick up, they may only possess one in their inventory instead of the original quantity.
- A solution is to trade with followers instead.