Possible locations of this staff are as follows:
- Inside Mara's Eye Den. It is in a chest near the cages in the small sunken part of the chamber. It is accessed through a trapdoor on a small island in the middle of Mara's Eye Pond. This may be found while doing the quest "Totems of Hircine" with Aela the Huntress of the Companions.
- In Ansilvund
- In the final room of Yngvild
- In Angarvunde
- In Valthume
- In Journeyman's Nook, in the chest behind Borvir or leaning against the wall. Occasionally, it may appear in both the chest and leaning against the wall, making it possible to get two staves.
- In Broken Fang Cave
- In the boss chest in Hob's Fall Cave
- In Haemar's Shame, in the chest behind the Shrine of Clavicus Vile.
- In Southfringe Sanctum, inside a boss chest in the room where warlord Bashnag is found.
- In Harmugstahl
- In Bloodlet Throne
- In Falkreath Watchtower
- In Shriekwind Bastion
- In Brittleshin Pass
- In Cragwallow Slope
- In Morvunskar
- In Movarth's Lair
- The effect of the staff is slightly weaker than the effect of the spell Calm. It affects creatures and people only up to level 8, while the spell itself affects up to level 9.
- This item may be classified as quest-related, leaving it stuck in the inventory unless placed on a weapon rack.