Graywinter Watch is a cave in Whiterun Hold. Located east of the city of Whiterun, it is inhabited by two trolls that seem to have killed the bandits who had been camping there. It is a simple one-room cave, but contains several notable items.
Froki's Bow can be found in this cave.
The cave is a possible location for this quest.
- Skill Book (Archery) Vernaccus and Bourlor, sitting on top of a barrel in the back of the cave.
- Froki's Bow – An enchanted bow which damages stamina.
- There are also many different types of mushrooms that can be found in the cave.
- Inside, there is a row of neatly lined-up Skulls on a ledge.
- There is a total of thirteen clusters of fungi growing in this small cave.
- If this area was visited before undertaking Kyne's Sacred Trials, the entire area may have respawned when the quest was activated. This includes a second copy of Froki's Bow.
- Froki Whetted-Blade will not register that his bow has been found until after the quest has been activated and the Guardian Troll Spirit is dead.
- Curiously, the Bandits had pitched a tent inside the cave near the area under over which there is a hole in the cave ceiling, but their bed rolls are placed side-by-side and protected from the opening. The bed rolls are fairly far from the fire.
This section contains bugs related to Graywinter Watch. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Very rarely one can fall through the floor in front of the barrels and be stuck underneath the floor, the only known way to fix this is by reloading the cave.
- Rarely one of the trolls can become stuck underneath the floor, it can be fixed by leaving and re-entering the cave.