Greatsword for a Great Man
is a quest
available in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
It is a miscellaneous quest received from Adrianne Avenicci in Whiterun. She asks the Dragonborn to deliver a sword that she forged to her father.
Go to Warmaiden's and speak to Adrianne Avenicci. She will give the Dragonborn Jarl Balgruuf the Greater's steel greatsword.
Go to Dragonsreach and meet Proventus Avenicci, tell him what his daughter wants, and give him the sword. In return, he offers 20 as a reward. If Whiterun is captured after siding with the Stormcloaks during the Civil War, then Jarl Balgruuf the Greater and Proventus Avenicci reside in the basement of the Blue Palace in Solitude.
- It is possible to steal the sword from Proventus Avenicci after he receives it. However, he will likely have equipped it, thus requiring the Misdirection perk to pickpocket equipped weapons.
This section contains bugs related to Greatsword for a Great Man. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Please reload an old save to confirm if the bug is still happening.
- If the bug is still occurring, please post the bug report with the appropriate system template 360 / XB1 , PS3 / PS4 , PC / MAC , NX , depending on which platform(s) the bug has been encountered on.
- Be descriptive when listing the bug and fixes, but avoid having conversations in the description and/or using first-person-anecdotes: such discussions belong on the appropriate forum board.
- 360 Sometimes, the greatsword remains stuck in the inventory. Completing or starting the Diplomatic Immunity does not remove it from the inventory.