The ability to wear these robes requires the Creation Kit or the use of console commands to equip.
It is only obtainable on the PC version of Skyrim. To add the Greybeards' outfits, press the tilde (~) key below the Escape key to access the console. Then, type in "
player.additem 00036A44 1," "
player.additem 00036A45 1," and "
player.additem 00036A46 1." This will add the Greybeard Robe, Hood, and Boots to the inventory. However, they will be invisible in the inventory. To wear these items, type "
player.equipitem 00036A44," "
player.equipitem 00036A45," and "
It is necessary to input the respective console commands each time any part of the greybeards' outfit is unequipped or re-equipped if one wishes to wear it again.
Edit: To fix the above issues and make the Greybeard's Armor appear in the inventory as a normal piece of armor, follow these steps:
- Open the Creation Kit and load up the default Skyrim.esm.
- Find "ClothesRobesGreybeardTunic" under Armor, GreybeardRobes.
- Right click and select Edit.
- Click where it says "Playable" in the bottom left corner.
- Save this file as a new mod and activate it.
Note: Even while wearing the robes, NPCs will sometimes make comments about the Dragonborn being naked. This is due to a missing keyword in the editor that identifies the robes as clothing for the body. It can however, be edited in using the creation kit. This can be done by;
- Follow the above steps to locate the Greybeard Robes
- Right click, edit, and under the "Keywords" section, right click "Add."
- Filter by searching "Clothing," select "ClothingBody," and click "OK."
- Save this file (as a new mod if doing both of these edits) and activate it.
- During the quest "Dark Brotherhood Forever," one possible random contact, The Blasphemous Priest, wears the robes. However, they cannot be looted or pickpocketed.
- Felldir the Old also wears the robes.
- Jurgen Windcaller can be seen wearing the robes in Sovngarde.