|Skill Level||Master (100)|
|Effect||Undead up to level 35 entering the circle will flee. Caster heals 20 health per second inside it.|
Guardian Circle is a Master-level Restoration spell in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Casting it creates a circle around the caster that heals for 20 points every second while also repelling undead creatures up to level 35. It requires both hands to cast.
- Master Restoration allows the spell to be cast for half Magicka.
- Dual casting allows the spell to last for a longer duration.
- Necromage, if the Dragonborn is a vampire, increases the duration of the spell.
Guardian Circle creates a magical barrier near the caster. The effects are constant as a Master level spell, but duration is affected by the perks mentioned above.
The spell has a standard duration of 60 seconds, increased to 132 seconds if dual cast. (Bugged in PS3, see bugs below)
As a vampire with the Necromage perk the spell has a standard duration of 90 seconds, increased to 198 seconds if dual cast.
As a Master level spell, the listed effects are not altered by any perks. This combined with the long casting animation means it is ultimately less effective than a combination of high level healing spells and Circle of Protection; the latter combination will repel higher level undead and heal much more than Guardian Circle.
- Weight: 1
- Value: 1220
- See Spell Tome for a complete table of spell tomes, their descriptions, and their values.
- Collette Marence at the College of Winterhold sells this spell after the completion of the Restoration Ritual Spell.
- Guardian Circle is one of only two Master level spells that can be dual cast. The other being Dragonhide.
- Unlike other healing spells, Guardian Circle does not have effects with other perks in Restoration school like "Respite", "Regeneration", or others. It is unknown if this is a bug or this is just designed like that.
- Collette Marence will not sell this spell.
Sometimes, after completing the Restoration Ritual Spell quest,
- Possible fix: reload save before accepting quest, and complete Augur's task using only restoration spells.
- Another possible fix: cast Bane of the Undead immediately after surviving the ghosts and after receiving the spell from the Augur. Then go to Collette Marence. Worked for several people
- Casting Bane of the Undead in front of Collette Marcene may fix this bug.
- A user found this solution to work.
- Reloading a save, after the quest is finished but prior to speaking with Collette Marence to buy the tome for the first time, may fix this.
- Guardian Circle can be dual cast, however, the duration is still 60 seconds even though the Active Effects shows it is more than 2 minutes.
| Bane of the Undead • Circle of Protection • Close Wounds • Fast Healing • Grand Healing • Greater Ward |
Guardian Circle • Heal Other • Healing • Healing Hands • Lesser Ward • Repel Lesser Undead • Steadfast Ward
Turn Greater Undead • Turn Lesser Undead • Turn Undead
|Heal Undead • Necromantic Healing • Stendarr's Aura • Sun Fire • Vampire's Bane|
|Schools of Magic|
|Alteration • Conjuration • Destruction • Illusion • Restoration|
|Restoration Ritual Spell • Wards • Magicka • Health • Perks • The College of Winterhold • Restoration trainers|