|Guild Master's Armor|
|Class: Light Armor|
|Upgrade Material: Leather|
All pieces are black-colored and have higher armor values, as well as stronger enchantment compared to the standard set.
The armor is obtained from Tonilia during the quest Under New Management. This quest can only be started after returning the Thieves Guild to its former glory, which includes completing the main Thieves Guild quest line and all city influence quests for Delvin Mallory and/or Vex.
During the quest, a small ceremony will take place in the Ragged Flagon Cistern to officially make the Dragonborn Guildmaster. After the ceremony, speak to Tonilia to obtain the Guild Master's armor set.
Pieces can be upgraded at a workbench with a piece of leather. However, they do not benefit from any smithing perks. This means armor cannot be improved past flawless quality without boosting the Smithing skill over 100. This can be achieved by using enchanted items and/or blacksmithing potions to Fortify Smithing.
Attributes by pieceEdit
|Guild Master's Armor||38||10||1779||Carrying capacity increased by 50 points.||000E35D7|
|Guild Master's Boots||11||2||649||Pickpocket success is 35% better.||000E35D6|
|Guild Master's Gloves||11||2||599||Lockpicking is 35% easier.||000E35D8|
|Guild Master's Hood||16||3||1252||Prices are 20% better.||000E35D9|
- If a Vampire, the Guild Master's Hood will not display properly, instead causing a bald patch on the Dragonborn's head. (confirmed with Male Imperial, Breton, High Elf, Redguard, and both genders of Nords, Dark Elves, and Wood Elves)
- If you don't wear the hood when Harkon or Serana turn you it will still show up. This glitch affects any headgear worn when being turned. Simply unequip it before being turned or Sanguinus Vampirus takes effect and you'll be fine, just reequip it later.
- It's possible to equip additional headgear, potentially wearing several Thieves Guild hoods and another piece of head armor.
- Wearing the Guild Master's Armor Set removes the Thieves Guild speech option with Thieves during random encounters. (Possible oversight. Tested on PC.)
- Brynjolf wears a full set of this armor after he becomes a Nightingale, and Delvin and Vex wear it without the hood.
- If the Dragonborn expansion has been added, a stronger Thieves Guild armor set can be acquired with fewer prerequisites. The Blackguard's armor can be obtained in Glover Mallory's house after retrieving the Bonemold Formula during the quest Paid in Full. The armor has stronger enchantments but a slightly lower armor rating than the Guild Master's armor.
- Minus a shield, a full set of glass armor has the same armor base rating as the Guild Master's Armor set.
- The base armor rating of the Guild Master's armor set is higher than the Nightingale armor. But wearing the full set of Nightingale armor grants an ability which increases armor by 25 points. As the 7 extra armor points on the Guild Master's set are subject to the player's light armor skill and perks (unlike the Nightingale set's bonus ability), neither set can be regarded as definitely superior to the other in terms of damage reduction.