Gulum-Ei is an Argonian dockworker who works in the East Empire Company Warehouse and helps to process all of the shipments of goods that go in and out of Solitude. He can be found in The Winking Skeever during the day to fence goods.
Before the Thieves Guild questline, he will be quite cold, and the only words he will say to the Dragonborn are: "I have no business with you. Leave me."
Being of a dubious nature, Gulum-Ei has first dibs on of some of the finest goods to grace Skyrim's shores and pays the Thieves Guild a cut of whatever he lifts. Though not officially part of the Guild, their arrangement has proven to be lucrative enough that the Guild allows Gulum-Ei to operate independently. However, as of late, Gulum-Ei's cut has begun to dwindle, and the Guild has become suspicious.
Recent information leads Mercer Frey to believe Gulum-Ei has been acting as a go between for the Guild's "Anonymous adversary." He becomes a fence for the guild if the Dragonborn leaves him alive after these dealings.
- If he is not killed in Scoundrels Folly, and Solitude is taken over by the Guild, Gulum-Ei will speak about how he no longer needs to hide his wares from the guards, and can simply take them out of the East Empire Company Warehouse without any trouble.
- His true name is Galum-Jei, though he has also been known to use the alias 'Gajul-Lei.'
- According to the Creation Kit, he is the brother of Deeja and Jaree-Ra.
This section contains bugs related to Gulum-Ei. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Sometimes Gulum-Ei disappears during "Scoundrel's Folly," at the end of the Brinewater Grotto.
player.moveto 000198B7followed by " to teleport to his location. This brings the Dragonborn outside of the world, where Gulum can be interacted with. Fast Travel to leave the location. If this does not work, type the code
player.placeatme 00013284. This renders a new copy of Gulum-Ei at the location of the Dragonborn. This copy follows Gulum-Ei's normal script and will continue to follow his script after interactions cease. Solution: type
- Solution: type
- Gulum-Ei will rarely disappear while entering the East Empire Building.
- Sometimes Gulum-Ei will stop and refuse to move.
- Solution: Attack him until he has no health. He will then move and interact