|Location||Northeast of Markarth|
|Quests||Find the Source of Power, Locate the Assassin of Old|
Hag's End is an ancient Nordic tomb in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
Hag's End is located at the top of the mountains west of Solitude and northeast of Markarth. Inside there are Witches and a Hagraven. Additionally, Hag's End has a Word Wall for one of the words of the Slow Time Dragon Shout which is found before the fourth round of battle with the Hagraven. There are a few entrances, climb to the top of the mountain, Hag's End's front door is right there, amidst the Forsworn camp at Deepwood Redoubt.
As Hag's End is not part of the normal Game World it cannot be found by walking there directly. If the map marker was gained through the "Source of Power" side quest the marker will show the entrance incorrectly.
Hag's End can only be entered by going to Deepwood Vale through Deepwood Redoubt, which is located slightly west of Hag's End.
After unlocking the map marker it will be possible to fast travel to Hag's End, but it will still remain impossible to walk there without going through Deepwood Redoubt.
Battle with HagravenEdit
It will take four rounds, with the Hagraven retreating further into the redoubt after losing roughly a quarter health each encounter. In the last round she will summon two leveled creatures to aid her - Frost Trolls, Ice Wraiths, Frostbite Spiders, Skeevers. Combinations of these creatures are also possible.
The last round can be made very easy if the shout Unrelenting Force has been mastered. With patience and a high sneak skill, the Hagraven can potentially be bypassed avoiding the summoned creatures completely. Summoned creatures will not spawn while the Dragonborn is sneaking. However, if she sees them, she will summon her allies immediately. A well-timed Unrelenting Force shout will knock her off the platform and, (due to her depleted health from the previous rounds,) kill her.
It is also possible to kill the Hagraven in the third round if the Dragonborn gets an animation kill. If this happens the Hagraven's corpse will warp out the same way it does for the other two rounds upon exiting the room towards the word wall. The Hagraven's corpse will appear at the place where the fourth round normally occurs if it was not looted before leaving the room where the third round took place.
If Innocence Lost has been completed and the Dragonborn sleeps after the first room and is kidnapped by Astrid, (With Friends Like These), upon return to Hag's End, the Hagraven will be back in the first room, apparently a lot weaker, and she can be killed right there.
- Bloodthorn, sitting on the altar next to the witch's body.
- Mystery of Talara, Book IV.
- Spell Tome: Flames.
To the left of the Hag's End entrance, (the right of the last altar when exiting the top door), there is a rocky wall on the other side of a waterfall. It is possible to reach the plateau near the top of the waterfall by jumping/walking up the stone, or using the Whirlwind Sprint shout from the edge of the altar. On top of the plateau the player can find a chest with random loot, and the Predator's Grace boots, which muffle movement and marginally increase stamina regeneration. Behind the player there is also a Quicksilver vein.
- Ancient Shrouded Armor set. This full set of better Dark Brotherhood gear,(only if on the quest), can be found in Hag's End as well. Open the easily missed door behind the throne on the second floor next to the bridge one had to lower in order to find this. There is also a chest in the same room containing random loot.
- This location is heavily trapped, with a combination of Frost Runes (three in one room), two chest traps, and at least one pressure plate. Consequently, the Shout Become Ethereal or Perk Light Foot can help here.
- On the platform with the altar, (where Bloodthorn is found), is a chest with random loot, found by turning right when leaving the door.
- There is a circular room with a fire at one end, encountered fairly early in the dungeon. A frostbite spider will drop from the middle of the roof in this room.
- There is a key "Hag's End Key" on one of the shelves next to the fire in the room with the Frostbite Spider
Bypassing the dungeonEdit
The Slow Time word can be obtained without going through the dungeon. To the left of the proper entrance to Hag's End, there are some rocks next to the waterfall that are easily scaled. Once on top, it is easy to then scale and hug up against the rocks leading to the top, exit area of Hag's End. The door up there leads to the room containing the word of power, effectively allowing one to skip the entire dungeon; however, it will not be possible to go back through the dungeon in reverse.
- After learning the first word(s) of Slow Time from Labyrinthian or Korvanjund and unlocking the shout, the word wall at Hag's End may be blank, making it impossible to learn the full shout. To force the second word to be learned (on the PC), use the console command "player.teachword 48ACB". To force the third word to be learned, use the command "player.teachword 48ACC" (without quotes, in both cases).
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)