There are two main buildings: the Half-Moon Mill house and a sawmill where the Dragonborn can saw lumber. Near the sawmill is a small butcher's shack filled with meat. The river and Lake Ilinalta are filled with salmon. There are also eggs in the chicken coop.
The Dragonborn is sent here in order to kill the vampire, Hern.
- Physicalities of Werewolves – Under the bed in the house; very easy to miss.
- Ants can be found next to a fallen tree along the road to the Half-Moon Mill.
- There is an iron ore vein nearby.
- There is a source of quarried stone behind the uncut log pile.
- A look in the meat house reveals bloody clothes, human bones, and a human skull, slightly hidden.
- There is a dead rabbit on one of the tree stumps close to the house, along with a fork and a bottle of mead, implying that one of the vampires was eating it raw
This section contains bugs related to Half-Moon Mill. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
If Hern and Hert are dead, the marker for purchasing sawn logs for Lakeview Manor will still point towards the mill, even though no one is there to sell them.
- Fix: If the Dragonborn buys logs from another mill, the quest marker will disappear.