Whiterun's Hall of the Dead is a location found in the city of Whiterun. It is located near the Temple of Kynareth and the House of Clan Battle-Born. The hall is primarily the residence of its caretaker Andurs, a priest of Arkay but also acts as a gateway to the Whiterun Catacombs, a mausoleum for the city's dead.
- Death Blow of Abernanit (Block skill book) - next to two coin purses found behind an iron door when walking into the catacombs
- A Stone of Barenziah next to a skeleton in the lower floor of the catacombs
- Andurs' Amulet of Arkay - quest item for the miscellaneous quest from Andurs and only appears during his quest; found on the right table near the wreaths in the lower level of the catacombs
- If you kill citizens of Whiterun they will be buried in the Catacomb's coffins and burial urns, along with their belongings. Unlike in other Halls of the Dead, the dead person's coffin is named (in other Halls of the Dead, one can only guess whose coffin it is based on the objects found inside).
- The Skeletons' weak attacks combined with the location inside Whiterun make this an excellent place to level armor, Block, and Restoration skills early. Just be sure not to kill the Skeletons.
- Even though the Halls of the Dead were made for Nords, non-Nord burial urns can be found in Whiterun's Hall.
This section contains bugs related to Hall of the Dead (Whiterun). Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- The air inside Hall of the Dead might spurt out blood consistently.