Halldir is a ghost, Mage and Draugr, encountered in Halldir's Cairn and serving as the final boss in this dungeon (The only others being Draugr). He has the ability to multiply himself into three clones of himself. These three copies use Flames, Frost and Spark spells.
It is wise to use any weapon enchanted with a fire spell against the Frost-using copy of Halldir, and vice versa against the Flame-using copy. For the Spark-using copy, it's best to use a strong weapon/spell, and possible some potions of Resist Shock. Be sure to watch health, as while killing one clone, another will probably be behind, attacking. While battling the copies, however, keep close watch for Halldir himself (if he spawns with the clones).
The player can get an easy Sneak Attack on the clones if sneaking into the room and using a spell/bow and arrow to attack them. A spell will usually attract the other clones, as a bow will be more quiet.
- Halldir's Staff
- Random Enchanted Weapon
- Random Soul Gem(s) (Usually Petty)
- Type of Ruby
- Gold (Usually under 50, rarely above)
- Bone Meal
- Ebony bow (Rarely)
- Arrows (Of any random kind)
- Rjorn's Drum
- Gold (Usually over 100)
- One enchanted weapon (Random)
- One enchanted piece of armor (Random)
Items in the roomEdit
- Halldir's staff drops twice after his death. One drops onto the floor after his defeat, and another can be found and looted in the Ash pile after he's defeated.
- If you kill Halldir the moment he spawns and turns into ash, his 3 clones will become invisible, but still can be defeated.
- Halldir's clones' elements can be easily identified. The Flame clone will look as if it were a ghost on fire, the Spark clone will look as if it were a ghost being electrified around the body etc.
- If you kill halldir with one hit and he can't summon his clones, they will remain in a small underground room. You can get their attention by using shouts like throw voice, but they can only be killed by passing through the walls using the console.