|Halted Stream Camp|
|Location||North-Northwest of Whiterun (City)|
Halted Stream Camp is a camp located in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
Halted Stream Camp is a fortified bandit encampment located Northwest of the Whitewatch Tower, north of Whiterun. It is a base of operation for bandits who are hunting mammoths for their tusks and who were planning to use the spell Transmute to turn the mine's iron ore into gold ore. The camp is surrounded by a log palisade and there are mammoth bones scattered around the camp. There is a wooden building in the center of the camp with a tanning rack. On the north section of the elevated walkway there is a grindstone.
Halted Stream Camp Mine
The camp is built next to the cliff wall with an entrance into a mine. The mine has many Iron Ore veins and is the main living quarters of the bandits. There is a forge, grindstone and tanning rack in the mine's main chamber. The exit at the back of the mine leads to a pit trap the bandits have been using to kill mammoths. There are spikes in the bottom that may wound or kill the Dragonborn if trying to use the pit as an entrance.
- This may be the location of a Companion's quest given by Farkas right after joining.
- This may be the location of Amren's Sword, needed for the completion of Amren's Family Sword.
- Remanada and/or Chimarvamidium may be located here, which are possible targets for the quest Fetch me that Book!.
- There is a bounty on bandit leader given from Proventus Avenicci of Whiterun, this may be the location of the leader.
- There is a random elven corpse in the spear pit at the end of the tunnels, that can be used in Discerning the Transmundane.
There are seventeen Iron Ore veins and one Corundum Ore vein to be mined. A pick can be found after entering the mine, before the locked, (novice), gate, on top of a barrel.
Iron ore vein locations
These are the locations of the iron ore deposits in the mineshaft:
- Just after the first rockfall trap pressure plate, located on the ground.
- After the first vein, go straight and it's just past the cart filled with tusks on the left
- The the right of the second vein, (facing it), on the ground.
- After the second vein, turn right and it is on the ground next to the barrel with the bear trap on top.
- After opening the gate it is ten paces down the shaft on the left.
- After the fifthth vein there is a support-like structure on the left, the sixth vein is to the right of it on the ground.
- On the wall directly after the fifth vein.
- Five paces away from the fifth vein.
- On the wall to the right, next to the seventh vein.
- On the left side of the shaft near the end, just before the rattle-trap hanging on the wall.
- Turn right upon entering the big room, on the wall before the stairs.
- At the bottom of the staircase it is on the ground to the right.
- Go straight and it's on the ground beneath a candle holder on the wall containing three lit candles.
- Walk past the dead mammoth on the floor and it's underneath the wooden platform on the right side of the staircase.
- At the foot of the bed up the top of the stair case
- Continuing down the next shaft it is left of the mammoth skull trap pressure plate.
- Before the exit to Skyrim on the ground to the left.
Corundum ore vein location
- In the second room at the foot of the bed that is on the wooden platform past the dead mammoth.
- Seventeen Iron Ore Veins
- A Corundum Ore Vein
- Eight Mammoth Tusks
- Four Iron Ore, three on bookshelf, one on table
- A Silver Ore on the table
- Due to large amounts of Iron veins there is a large possibility of finding gems.
- Transmute Spell Tome - on the table next to the bed
- Poacher's Axe - carried by one of the bandits
- This is a good place to retrieve a mammoth tusk for Ysolda, as the bandits have killed mammoths using nearby pit traps.
- Be wary of two pressure plate trigger traps at both entrances, a rockfall trap and a mammoth skull trap.
- This is an excellent place to get blood for the quest Discerning the Transmundane. There is blood from a Wood Elf, a High Elf and an Orc.
- After clearing the enemies on a previous quest, it was the destination for a later quest, (finding the Moon Amulet for Kharjo). After clearing the enemies a second time, and exiting the cave into the pit trap, upon re-entering the caves from the pit trap every single ore vein was replenished and able to be mined again.
- There are two chests to be found in the cave. On on the platform where the 'leader' and bedding is located and one under the stairs.
- The entrance to the camp is a random encounter spawn point, which typically triggers when approaching the camp from the north. NPCs from the random encounter are very likely to be attacked by the bandits inside the camp.
- The back exit to Skyrim leads into a mammoth trap which cannot be climbed out of, fast travel is possible from it making it a quick exit.
- There is a quest bug in this dungeon relating to the College of Winterhold. There is a quest from the College librararian Urag gro-Shub, to obtain any of the books from Fetch me that Book!, which is located in the boss chest. However, if the book is picked upbefore receiving the quest, the game won't allow the book to be turned in and will still tag the book as located inside the chest. Furthermore the book is tagged as a quest item and cannot be dropped. Despite it weighing 1 lb it does not count towards carry weight.
- There is a Radiant AI quest to visit the camp and kill the leader but if this has already been done,(and received the quest again), the game will freeze when the player enters the cave. (PC has CTD).
- There is a section in the tunnel leading to the spike pit, (where the bear trap and blood splatter are), where one may fall through the floor.
- hunting bow can be found on one of the bandits with a base damage of 146. Sometimes a glitched
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)