Hamal, also known as Mother Hamal, is the High Priestess of the Temple of Dibella in the city of Markarth. The Dragonborn must break into the Inner Sanctum of the Temple of Dibella to meet her; after that she starts the quest The Heart of Dibella.
- Hamal is one of the two Master Trainers for Enchanting (the other being Neloth); the maximum level she can train to is 90.
- However, one must complete The Heart of Dibella quest before she will agree to give training.
- If the Dragonborn accepts a little side quest from Degaine involving the theft of the Dibella statue located in the temple, Hamal will send Hired Thugs.
- Hamal apparently dislikes Betrid Silver-Blood, as she will send a Letter of Thanks if the Dragonborn kills Betrid before The Forsworn Conspiracy.
- Unlike most quest-givers, she is not essential. This means that if she is killed before giving her quest, said quest will be forfeited and impossible to be started.
This section contains bugs related to Hamal. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Rescue may have a problem. Hamal isn't in the same location of the rescue. To solve this, first accomplish the objective of killing the Master Vampire. After that you have two options to locate her: use the console command player.moveto [NPC ID] OR open the journal, select the objective and press show on map to find her and all missions are complete. The quest
Her dialogue may bug after sneaking in to the Inner Sanctum of the Temple of Dibella and she becomes hostile.
- Note: May sometimes be fixed by sheathing your weapons if they were drawn when entering the Sanctum. The player may receive a bounty of 500 or more due to this bug.
- Also if you let Mother Hamal attack you and then run outside and get arrested and then go and talk to her she will give you the quest.
- If you run to the left side of the room where the priestesses are found, either Anwen or Orla will stop you as usual. Before Hamal can speak to you, run further into the inner sanctum into the last room. Hamal will run after you and speak to you, initiating the quest The Heart of Dibella. The player should incur no bounty using this method.
- Using a Calm spell or the Voice of the Emperor power will cause the priestesses to stop fighting, allowing you to talk to Mother Hamal and receive The Heart of Dibella quest. The player may receive a bounty of 500 or more.
- Alternately, use Whirlwind Sprint to reach the last room of the inner sanctum and use a Scroll of Harmony to induce Hamal to dialog with you instead of attack.
May be fixed by using the setrelationshiprank console command before talking to anyone:
- player.setrelationshiprank 0001e766 4
- The same command may need to be applied to Anwen and Orla in the temple with the following IDs: 00019901 and 0019902