Haming will be watching the wagons go by, and will inquire as to whom it is they hold, and for what purpose they drive. His father, however, does not allow him to watch the execution.
Haming: "Who are they, daddy? Where are they going?"
Torolf: "You need to go inside, little cub."
Haming: "Why? I want to watch the soldiers."
Torolf: "Inside the house. Now."
Haming: "Yes, papa."
After Alduin bashes through the wall next to the staircase the Dragonborn is ascending, the following conversation involving Haming will commence.
Ralof: "See the inn on the other side? Jump through the roof and keep going! Go! We'll follow when we can!"
Hadvar: "Haming, you need to get over here. Now! Torolf!" [Torolf dies here] Gods... Everyone get back!"
Alduin: "Yol... Toor... Shul!"
Hadvar: "Still alive, prisoner? Keep close to me if you want to stay that way. Gunnar, take care of the . I have to find General Tullius and join their defense."
Gunnar: "Gods guide you, Hadvar."
Hadvar: "Stay close to the wall!"
- Do you like living here? "It ain't so bad. I miss living with my parents back in Helgen, though. Froki can't cook and there's nobody to talk to up here."
- Were your parents killed at Helgen? "Yeah, but don't say anything about it to Froki. I don't think he understands."
- Oh, I see. "It's okay, I know what happened at home. With the dragon and all."
- Tell me about yourself. "Froki won't let me hunt on my own yet, but he never shuts up about killing his first stag when he was eleven."
- "Someday, I'm going to kill a dragon all by myself."
- "I'm eleven years old, and I could take you."
- Haming is the first child the Dragonborn usually sees in Skyrim, as he is seen in Helgen when the Dragonborn is brought in the carriage. His father tells him to go inside his house. After that, when Alduin appears, Haming can be seen again, looking at his wounded father. Hadvar calls out to him and Haming narrowly escapes Alduin's flame. This is because he was saved by Gunnar Stone-Eye, a local.