He is the proprietor of the only shop that specializes in jewelry in all of Cyrodiil. He has 800 to barter with unless his shop has been invested in, which requires the Hero being an Expert in mercantile, which adds 500 to his total. (If the Hero becomes a Master in mercantile, he gets 500 more.)
- If he is sold the Order Priest's Robe and his shop is left, upon return, he may be wearing it.
- There is evidence implying that he uses or deals in skooma, which is found in his private quarters.
- Hamlof is one of the few people who wears a highwayman's shirt.
- He is also one of the few people who wears a pair of Black Wide Pants.
- A Nord with the same name can be found in The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.