|Location||Directly northwest of Dustman's Cairn|
|Characters||Headless Horseman Ghost|
Hamvir's Rest is an above-ground tomb located at the foot of the south side of the mountain range between Whiterun and Hjaalmarch, northwest of Dustman's Cairn. The ingredient Nightshade grows in abundance among the gravemarkers.
- There is a Master-level chest to be looted at one of the altars.
- There is also some loot beside the tomb on the left, which may include a piece of armor, or a weapon. There is a skull as well, which can not be taken. It is possible that the skull may belong to the Headless Horseman.
- Eight Nightshade plants can be found in and around the cemetery.
- At randomly occurring intervals, a cicada can be found and collected at the third tomb from the left. this is the only known location of the cicada in Skyrim.
- Hamvir's Rest is likely a reference to Sleepy Hollow, due to the fact that when the Headless Horseman is found at night, he will make his way to Hamvir's Rest before morning, just as the Headless Horseman in The Legend of Sleepy Hollow rushes in a hurry to get to Sleepy Hollow before daybreak.