|Location||Northeast of Markarth|
West of Solitude
The Forgemaster's Fingers
Harmugstahl is a fort found northeast of Markarth and west of Solitude. It is relatively small compared to some of Skyrim's labyrinth-like subterranean areas and is easily navigated. There is one puzzle in Harmugstahl with four levers controlling a metal barred/spiked passageway. There is one Adept locked door that needs to be picked. There are also two locked doors found after encountering Kornalus Frey; both can be unlocked with his key.
Upon entering the cave, the Dragonborn will be greeted by an adventurer killing a frostbite spider. Upon asking the adventurer, "What was going on with that spider?" he will reply: "I don't know, but this place is full of them. Every one I've encountered has been enchanted or the like. Look, I'm getting out of here. Normally, spiders make my skin crawl, but magic spiders? Blech!"
The other notable figure is the cave's resident mage, Kornalus. It appears Kornalus has been experimenting upon the spiders by enchanting them with fire, frost and shock enchantments. The enchantments manifest themselves in special attacks the spiders can deal, (either fire-, frost- or shock- based), as well as a magical glow on their bodies. Many spider corpses can also be found lying on tables scattered about the cave. Taking any loot from their body may cause them to ignite.
Lever puzzle solutionEdit
Activate the first lever on the left, and wait for a second, and then the forth lever. If you make a mistake go back to your last save as just resetting the levers won't work.
- A Game at Dinner - Alchemy skill book located behind the Adept locked door.
- Possible location for Shalidor's Insights.
- Possible location for Staff of Tandil.
- Possible location for one or more of the quest Fetch me that Book!'s books.
- Journal (Book) located on the Alchemy Table.
- Possible location for the Forgemaster's Fingers.
- Possible location for Meridia's Beacon.
- Possible location for one of the Totems of Hircine.
- Possible location for Wind and Sand (Quest).
- Family Heirloom: Fulfill a contract for the Companions to retrieve a stolen family heirloom.
- Arniel's Endeavor: Retrieve a Staff for Enthir.
- Lost Relic: Retrieve the Dawnguard Rune Hammer.
- Find the Forgemaster's Fingers: Find this item to gain access to Orc strongholds.
- Totems of Hircine: This is one of many possible locations to retrieve a Totem of Hircine in a Radiant Quest given by Aela The Huntress after becoming Harbinger of The Companions.
This section contains bugs related to Harmugstahl. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
|Click to see the list of bugs encountered|