Haskill is the chamberlain of Sheogorath. His voice is quite calm and he shows no obvious signs of madness.
Haskill is the first person encountered on the Shivering Isles, and will ask if the Hero wishes to enter the Realm of Sheogorath. If this request is declined, the Door to Cyrodiil will be the only location accessible.
Later on, the Hero will be able to summon him for no cost to magicka (Haskill can only be summoned inside Sheogorath's Realm). While he will not aid the Hero in battle, he will offer information and help on quests (although he is frequently and easily annoyed by the Hero throughout the entire course of the Shivering Isles questline).
When the questline is finished, he will be a source of income via small missions that call for the Hero to defend the Isles, and as a purveyor of entertainment. Haskill cannot be harmed; weapons will go through him with no adverse effect, as with Sheogorath in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
- Haskill will appear at the Shrine of Sheogorath in Cyrodiil if the Shivering Isles main quest is completed.
- It is never revealed how Haskill came to be Lord Sheogorath's chamberlain.
- Whatever Haskill's true nature, if this interview with the character (written by Bethesda employees) is to be considered canon, he is not mortal. Also, according to the same source, Haskill seems to harbor a lot of resentment towards Molag Bal for unknown reasons.
- In this Loremaster's archive concerning Sheogorath, it appears that Haskill was once a human "mantled" by Sheogorath a long long time ago, back when Jyggalag existed. Haskill's memory of humanity is "hazy."
- He is voiced by Jeff Baker.
- Sheogorath mentions him during the quest The Mind of Madness in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
- He appears in The Elder Scrolls Online during the quests Long Lost Lore, Simply Misplaced and The Mad God's Bargain. The Vesitge first encounters him in Cheesemonger's Hollow.