The Headless Horseman as seen in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
The Headless Horseman is a headless, horse-riding ghostly specter who can be seen riding around Skyrim at night, or staying at Hamvir's Rest at day, facing its cemetery. He will spawn randomly anywhere in the world between 10:00 p.m. and 5 a.m. He will occasionally stop to let the player examine him and then continue riding. The Horseman performs no actions, and cannot be harmed. The Headless Horseman is also not connected to any main quests or side quests.
Currently, the only things that the Horseman has uttered is "Finality", "Such an abrupt end to our game", "Who dares disturb my rest?", "You are not welcome here" and "All the living shall fear the dead." If you continue to follow him, he will normally lead you to Hamvir's Rest. There you can find three skeletons, a leveled Draugr, a master-level chest, as well as a couple of items in the area. If you fast travel directly to Hamvir's Rest, the Headless Horseman can be seen there during daytime. He will stand at the entrance of the cemetery and will not move until you get out of his sight.
- "Such an abrupt end to our game." - Upon entering Hamvir's Rest with the Headless Horseman and killing something that is chasing him. Can also be heard anytime you're following him.
- "Who dares disturb my rest?" - Upon encountering the Horseman.
- "You are not welcome here." - Upon entering Hamvir's Rest with the Horseman.
- "All the living shall fear the dead." - Rarely said when the Horseman is watching the player fight undead.
- "You will join the dead." - Said when in combat.
- The Horseman's appearance is completely random and unscripted.
- Sometimes, the Horseman is spawned off of his steed, which will chase after him.
- Bandits and animals will try to attack his steed on occassion.
- Sometimes the headless horseman will spawn without a horse and will instead sprint indefinitely towards his goal.
- If his path is blocked, he will change directions.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)