During the quest "Blood on the Ice," she is questioned by the Dragonborn. She tells the that the victim's coinpurse was still on her person, which shows that the murder was not a robbery. She takes the corpse into the Hall of the Dead to prepare it for burial. She then tells the Dragonborn that the slash marks on the victim's body were from a curved blade used by the Nords for embalming the dead.
"This is a shame."
- Did you see what happened here? "Eehhh... no. Sorry. But I did notice that her coinpurse was still intact, so whoever did this wasn't after gold. I'm going to keep preparing the body, if you'll excuse me."
- "This is the Hall of the Dead. Someday, you'll end up here." (In the Hall of the Dead)
- "Luckily, Windhelm is cold, so the dead don't rot as quickly. Sometimes the burial has to wait for the ground to thaw, though."
- "Large diagonal cut from left shoulder."
This section contains bugs related to Helgird. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- During, and after completing the quest "Blood on the Ice," Helgird may lose all dialogue from some point onward, and will only repeat the line "Large diagonal cut from left shoulder..." any time she is attempted to be conversed with.
- She may not sleep.