|Helm of Yngol|
Increases Frost Resistance by 30%
|Class: Heavy Armor, Helmet|
|Upgrade Material: Steel Ingot|
|Perk: Advanced Armors|
Wearing this helmet grants the following bonuses:
- Resist Frost: 30 points
- When the player goes to pick it up, the helm may be invisible, and only the skull of Yngol can be seen. Picking it up makes the rest of the skeleton appear.
- Helm of Winterhold for the Jarl of Winterhold prior to entering Yngol Barrow. The bug replaces Yngol's Shade with a Draugr Deathlord or Dragon Priest and completely removes the skeleton and the helmet with it. It also causes the door in Yngol's final chamber to remain shut.
If you have accepted the quest to fetch the
- To fix this bug on the PC, before entering Yngol Barrow, type "setstage Favor158 20" in the console, which removes the Helm of Winterhold quest, fast travel to, enter, and complete Yngol Barrows, which should be unbugged and the Helm of Yngol should appear, then returning to Jarl Korir to get Helm of Winterhold quest again.
- Alternatively, you can finish quest for Helm of Winterhold, then type "resetinterior YngolBarrow01" in the console to reset the latter half of the dungeon and you should find the skeleton with the Helm of Yngol in its rightful place with the shade protecting it.
- Hair will sometimes clip through the back of the helmet.
- When returning to Jarl Korir with the Helm of Winterhold, he will go through all of the dialogue for the quest but not take the helm or give you a reward. Also, if you go through the dialogue to become a Thane during the same conversation, you will not get the status item of the position.
- When worn in conjunction with the Ancient Nord Armor the players appearance can be depicted as that of the Draugr Deathlord's
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)