Hern and Hert do not use Vampiric Drain, when attacking. This makes it less likely to contract Sanguinaire Vampiris from fighting them. Because Hern is a vampire, destruction spells and enchanted weapons dealing Fire Damage are especially effective.
- Contract: Kill Hern - Kill Hern and then report back to Nazir.
- Hired Muscle - intimidate Hern into a brawl.
- Rescue Mission - Rescue Hern from Lost Echo Cave
"Well now. What have we here? A lost little lamb?"
- I know what you are, nightspawn. "Well then, you won't be leaving here alive!"
- Assassin versus vampire. A fight for the ages. "Ah, so the Brotherhood has come for old Hern, has it? Well then, let us meet as equals."
- (Remain silent) "Hmph. Don't say much, but there's a strange aura about you. You walk in the shadow of death... Leave here. Leave here and never return."
- "You really don't want to be loitering here, stranger."
- "Oh my, a guest!"
- "Please, make yourself at home!"
- "Lone travelers can find these woods a little treacherous."
- "We've been looking for someone to join us in a hunt."
This section contains bugs related to Hern. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- During the Rescue Mission to rescue him from Lost Echo Cave, Hern will not appear. Instead, the quest arrow will hover over the ground between a dead bandit and a dead Imperial. Loading previous saves does not fix this. There is no known fix.