|Hide and Seek|
|Reward||Leveled apparel item|
If the Dragonborn has sided with the Dawnguard, Gunmar sends them to kill a vampire masquerading as a traveling pilgrim, traveling merchant, traveling bard or visiting advisor at a radiant location. The killing of the vampire has to be completed without any citizens or guards seeing it or being alerted.
- Dragon Bridge
- Nightgate Inn
- Raven Rock DB
The first option is to convince the target to follow the Dragonborn with a high enough speech skill. If the Dragonborn persuades or intimidates him to follow, they can lure the target to a hidden place and kill him there.
The second option is to kill them from a hidden location: This is best done with a high sneak.
The third option is to use a hidden identity by transforming. Go to a hidden location and then transform into a werewolf or a vampire lord, if available. Everyone will become hostile to the Dragonborn, but their identity will be hidden and they can kill the target and then flee before taking too much damage from attacking citizens and guards.
If Illusion is high enough, the Fury spell can be used to cause the target to become hostile to everyone, this will cause the guards to attack the target and kill him.
If you can get far away, sneak, and shoot him with a bow (while unseen), he should look for you, and chase after you. Lead him away from any people so no one can see, and then kill him.
| Gunmar has sent me to <radiant city>. I am to find and kill the vampire masquerading as a <radiant NPC>. I am to do so discreetly as the law is unaware of the threat and will assume I have murdered a citizen.
|I found and killed the vampire masquerading as a <radiant NPC> in <radiant city>
- This radiant quest is similar to the vampire side quest The Hunt.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Dragonborn DLC, Gunmar can send you to Raven Rock (Dragonborn) to kill a vampire, even when the main quest has not been completed and Dragonborn has not been accessed yet. If the player has the
The quest marker will sometimes point to a place with no vampire present. This bug was first encountered in The Winking Skeever inside Solitude.
setstage DLC1RH01 100 On console command, type
- On console command, type
Sometimes, the vampire may be marked as "Visiting Advisor" and won't allow you to speak to him beyond the generic dialogue (such as "Yes?", "Hmm?", and "What do you want?").
- Solution: tell your companion/follower to attack them, don't fight them yourself.
- Honeyside manor. Sometimes the target will be in
- Solution: Purchase Honeyside, enter it and leave, then wait a couple of seconds and the target will appear.
- Sometimes when speaking to the Vampire, the second option of speech may say "You're no bard/merchant/pilgram." instead of assigning one of the three.