When the Dragonborn enters Riverwood for the first time, she will be panicking, claiming that she saw a dragon. Sven attempts to calm her down, but he is unsuccessful.
I saw a dragon!Edit
Hilde "A dragon! I saw a dragon!"
Sven "What? What is it now, mother?"
Hilde "It was as big as the mountain and as black as night. It flew right over the Barrow!"
Sven "Dragons, now, is it? You keep on like this and everyone in town will think you're crazy. And I've got better things to do than listen to your fantasies."
Hilde "You'll see! It was a dragon! It'll kill us all and then you'll believe me!"
Dorthe is growing upEdit
Hilde "It seems like Dorthe grows a head taller every season."
Sigrid "Aye. She's helping me in the house, and even helps her father at the forge."
Hilde "She'll make a fine wife someday."
Sigrid "Thank Shor I have a lot of years before I have to worry about that!"
Discouraging Sven's enlistmentEdit
Hilde "Has my son Sven asked to join the war?"
Legion Soldier/Stormcloak Soldier "Not this again."
Hilde "If he does, tell him how bad the food is. And how dangerous it is."
Legion Soldier/Stormcloak Soldier "Look, old woman. If your boy wants to learn how to fight, we'll teach him. Now off with you."
- Taking things out of the barrel in front of her house while she is watching will prompt her to say, "Look at him/her, rummaging through refuse. Wonder what he/she's lost, other than his/her mind."
- If the Dragonborn is caught stealing from her house, helps Faendal gain Camilla Valerius's favor, or kills Sven, she may send a group of hired thugs after them.
- Like many Nords, it is revealed through talking to her that she has racist thoughts towards Argonians, Elves, and Khajiit.
- If Sven is a follower and the Dragonborn starts killing citizens, he will refuse to attack Hilde.
- Attacking Hilde and returning to speak with her afterwards when she is not hostile may prompt her to ask, "You wouldn't attack an old woman again, would you?"
- Hilde may give the Dragonborn three when she stands by the fence and says that the Dragonborn was always a sight for sore eyes.