- Main article: Main Quest (Morrowind)
Hlaalu Hortator is one of the Main Quests in The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.
- Acquire info on the Redoran councilors in Hlaalu Council Manor.
- Obtain Crassius Curio's vote for Hortator.
- Obtain the vote of Yngling Half-Troll for Hortator.
- Find Dram Bero in the St. Olms Canton, Vivec City and obtain his vote.
- Deal with Orvas Dren.
- Travel to Omani Manor and obtain the vote of Velanda Omani for Hortator.
- Travel to Ules Manor and obtain the vote of Nevena Ules for Hortator.
- Return to Curio to receive the title of Hortator of Hlaalu.
- Note: The quest to become Hlaalu Hortator runs in conjunction with the similar quests to become Hortator of the other Great Houses of Redoran and Telvanni. It is, also possible to be declared Nerevarine of the Ashlander tribes at the same time, although, Sul-Matuul will advise to wait until being the Hortator of all houses before undergoing this particular task, as this will make many people's Disposition for the Nerevarine drop.
The quest will begin immediately after the completion of the previous quest. Nibani Maesa indicates that the Nerevarine must obtain the title of Hortator of each of the Three Great Houses of Vvardenfell. If questioned further, Nibani will, also, indicate that a Hlaalu councilor can be found in Balmora.
After questioning the inhabitants of Balmora's Hlaalu Council Manor, and acquiring the Yellow Book of 3E 426, which contains information on all the Redoran council members and their location. The Nerevarine will be directed to Crassius Curio.
Crassius can be found in the Curio Manor in the Hlaalu Canton in Vivec City. His support is obtained relatively easily if The Bad Actor quest has been completed. Or, the Nerevarine may bribe him with 1,000 gold (or 500 for members of the House of Hlaalu). An alternative method, provided Curio's disposition towards the Nerevarine is above 70, is to give Curio a kiss, which will raise his disposition and grant his vote for Hortator of Hlaalu. Crassius will also give the Nerevarine advice on how to deal with Orvas Dren, Velanda Omani and Nevena Ules.
Yngling Half-Troll can be found in Vivec, St. Olms Canton, in Yngling Manor within the St. Olms Plaza. His vote will cost the Nerevarine 2,000 gold (or 1,000 for members of Hlaalu), although an alternative route, suggested by other Hlaalu Council members, is to kill him. Doing this will turn all the other Yngling Manor's residents hostile.
To obtain the vote of Dram Bero, the Nerevarine simply has to speak to him. However, the Nerevarine must find him first. If the Hero questions Vivec City inhabitants, he will be directed to the Haunted Manor in the St. Olms Canton, where Dram is hidden. He can be found behind two locked doors.
As indicated by Crassius Curio, speaking to Orvas Dren will help sway Velanda Omani and Nevena Ules's vote in favor of the Nerevarine. This can be done in a number of ways. The most simple of these methods is to simply attack him (a move supported by most of the other Hlaalu Councilors) although this will prompt his bodyguards, within the Dren Plantation, to attack the Nerevarine. Another method is to suggest that his vote is required to defeat Dagoth Ur, which will make him hostile. It is also possible to blackmail him by acquiring Dren's Note, which is hidden within the locked basement of the Plantation's manor and heavily guarded. If the Nerevarine is a member of Hlaalu and has become the lead of the Camonna Tong, Dren should fold, and, thereafter, use his influence to manipulate Velanda Omani and Nevena Ules.
Velanda Omanu and Nevena UlesEdit
After visiting Orvas Dren, Velanda Omani and Nevena Ules's votes can be obtained simply by talking to them. Velanda Omanu can be found within the Omani Manor on Elmas Island, east of the St. Olms Canton. And Nevena Ules resides within the Ules Manor, in Suran.
Once all of the councilors' votes have been obtained the Nerevarine must return to Crassius Curio. Crassius will name Nerevarine Hortator of the Hlaalu House and offer the Belt of the Hortator.
|Hlaalu Hortator – B6_CurioHort|
|5||Crassius Curio said that there were some hard feelings in House Hlaalu about the circumstances surrounding the death of a Hlaalu councilor. He expressed deep sorrow that he could not support me for Hortator without jeopardizing his own standing in House Hlaalu.'|
|50||After I gave him a present of 500 gold, Crassius Curio gave me his vote for Hortator of House Hlaalu.
|60||After I gave him a kiss, Crassius Curio gave me his vote for Hortator of House Hlaalu.
|65||Upon receiving 1000 gold to cover expenses, Curio gave me his vote for Hortator of House Hlaalu.
|Hlaalu Hortator – B6_YnglingHort|
|5||Yngling Half-Troll laughed when I asked him if he would support me for Hortator of House Redoran [sic]. He seemed to feel that killing a Hlaalu councilor ruined my chances.|
|10||Yngling Half-Troll told me that he wouldn't name me Hortator without a bribe of 1000 gold.|
|20||Yngling Half-Troll told me that he wouldn't name me Hortator without a bribe of 2000 gold.|
|50||After a hefty bribe, Yngling Half-Troll gave me his vote for Hortator of House Hlaalu.
|70||I have killed the Hlaalu councilor Yngling Half-Troll.
|Hlaalu Hortator – B6_DramHort|
|5||When I asked if he would support my selection as Hortator for House Hlaalu, Dram Bero mentioned that he'd heard that I'd been involved in the death of a Hlaalu councilor. He said that would make it impossible for him to support me as Hlaalu Hortator.|
|50||Dram Bero was impressed that I had found his home. He agreed to name me Hortator, and gave me some advice. Yngling Half-Troll can be bribed or killed, and Crassius Curio might be manipulated. But Velanda Omani and Nevena Ules will not support me as Hortator without Orvas Dren's approval.
|Hlaalu Hortator – B6_DrenHortator|
|50||Orvas Dren agreed to use his influence with Nevena Ules and Velanda Omani to have me named Hlaalu Hortator.
|Hlaalu Hortator – B6-OmaniHort|
|5||Velanda Omani expressed great concern that she heard that I'd been involved in the death of a Hlaalu councilor. Under the circumstances, she could see no chance of my being confirmed as Hortator.|
|20||Velanda Omani told me she would not name me Hortator without the approval of Orvas Dren.|
|50||When I asked that Velanda Omani name me Hortator of House Hlaalu, she agreed immediately. She seemed very anxious to please me. Now I have her vote for Hlaalu Hortator.
|Hlaalu Hortator – B6-UlesHort|
|5||Nevena Ules mentioned the unfortunate coincidence of my request to be named Hortator of House Hlaalu and my implication in the untimely death of a Hlaalu councilor. Her opinion was that consideration of my request would be postponed indefinitely.|
|20||Nevena Ules did not seem to understand what I was asking. She told me I should meet with one of her advisors, Orvas Dren.|
|50||Nevena Ules seemed very nervous when I asked her to confirm me as Hortator of House Hlaalu. She agreed immediately, and seemed very anxious to please me. Now I have her vote for Hlaalu Hortator.
|Hlaalu Hortator – B6-HlaaluHort|
|50||Crassius Curio gave me the Belt of the Hortator, a token that shows I have been named Hortator of House Hlaalu by Hlaalu's councilors. When I have been declared Hortator of all three Houses, Redoran, Hlaalu, and Telvanni, I will have fulfilled the Fourth Trial of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate.
- The Nerevarine may also speak to Nileno Dorvayn in Balmora to receive the Yellow Book of 3E 426 (also increases her disposition by 10).
- This quest, as with the other quests to be named Hortator or Nerevarine, may be bypassed entirely if the Nerevarine has a reputation above 50 (and is level 20 or above).
- The Nerevarine can begin this quest before The Path of the Incarnate, although they won't get very far as the topic Hlaalu Hortator does not appear until the completion of the former quest.
This section contains bugs related to Hlaalu Hortator. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- If the Nerevarine speaks to Duke Vadem Dren about "Camonna Tong," he will recognise the Nerevarine as Hortator and name them Grandmaster of Hlaalu.
- The Nerevarine (if they have not joined Hlaalu) is infact elevated two levels in Hlaalu (rather than actually becoming Grandmaster).
- This allows the Nerevarine to enter House Hlaalu, even if they joined another House.
- This will work at any point after the Hlaalu Hortator quest has been completed.
|Main Quest (The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind)|
|Caius Cosades' Quests||Report to Caius Cosades • Antabolis Informant • Gra-Muzgob Informant • Vivec Informants • Zainsubani Informant • Meet Sul-Matuul • Sixth House Base • Corprus Cure • Mehra Milo and the Lost Prophecies|
|Third, Forth, and Fifth Trial Quests||The Path of the Incarnate • Redoran Hortator • Hlaalu Hortator • Telvanni Hortator • Urshilaku Nerevarine • Ahemmusa Nerevarine • Zainab Nerevarine • Erabenimsun Nerevarine|
|End Game Quests||Hortator and Nerevarine • The Citadels of the Sixth House|
|Optional||Sleepers Awake • Yagrum Bagarn and Wraithguard|