Hofgrir Horse-Crusher got his nickname by crushing a colt's spine while riding drunk, and as a result, he hasn't ridden a horse since. He also teaches an apprentice, Shadr, and believes that walls of towns are just "a weakling's hiding spot." He likes to boast that he has "the strongest arms in all of Skyrim," which can start a brawl if the player challenges him on this fact.
Test of muscleEdit
The Dragonborn can accept his challenge and brawl with him on a 100 bet. Winning the brawl, and therefore the bet, will make the horses and items inside the stables free to take.
He is a potential target for kidnappers in "Rescue Mission," a radiant quest for the Companions.
- "Too lazy to walk, eh? Well, you've found the right place."
- "Got horses that need shoeing, so make it quick."
- "Ah, I'm not afraid of anything. Walls are just a weakling's hiding spot. Now me, I'm no weakling. In fact, I bet I've got the strongest arms in all of Skyrim." —When asked "Is it dangerous living outside the walls?"
This section contains bugs related to Hofgrir Horse-Crusher. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Brawling with him and losing due to backing away may cause the player's gold to become inaccessible.
- If one does not have enough gold to brawl with him and tries to anyway, the brawl dialogue will disappear permanently.
- If near the horses while brawling with him and a horse kicks him it may be seen as an assault and cause anyone nearby to become hostile and the player will get a 40 gold bounty added.
- Sometimes when brawling with him, he may draw his weapon for no apparent reason and the brawl will turn deadly. If that happens a player may kill him without incurring any bounty.
- When doing "Caught Red Handed," the persuasion option does not work, even if the Speech skill is 100, though the intimidation and bribe options still work.