Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Holds are the nine administrative divisions of Skyrim, different from each other both in climate and local government.
Each of the nine Holds is governed by a Jarl who resides in the Hold's capital city. The Jarls are largely independent, but swear fealty to Skyrim's High King, who in turn swears fealty to the Emperor.
Given the independent nature of governance, crimes are tracked independently by each Hold, and a criminal who is wanted in one Hold may have no bounty in another.
Winterhold, Eastmarch, The Rift and The Pale are known collectively as the "Old Holds," and have remained more isolated—not only from a geographic standpoint, but a political one as well, given that they are all initially aligned with the Stormcloaks during the civil war. The Old Holds are bound together in history, as these holds were inhabited by the ancient Nords.
The Holds of SkyrimEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 These can change if the Dragonborn undertakes the Civil War questline.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 These Jarls claim the title of High King or Queen.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Eastmarch and Haafingar are the "centers" of their respective factions.
- ↑ Solitude is also the overall capital of Skyrim.
- When taking a carriage to a hold, holds that have no walls (Falkreath, Morthal, Dawnstar, and Winterhold) cost 50 , whereas those with walls cost 20 .