Honeyside is a moderate-sized house located in the city of Riften. Any citizen who desires to become Thane of The Rift must purchase property within its realm, and Honeyside is the only property available for purchase by the Dragonborn.
With its exterior entry, tanning rack, cooking place, alchemy lab, and arcane enchanter, Honeyside can be a useful home for hunters and those who are interested in alchemy or enchanting. Also, Honeyside is one of two purchasable houses in a city in Skyrim that have exterior areas, (porch, dock, and garden), while the other is Solitude's Proudspire Manor.
Honeyside can only be acquired on the path to becoming a Thane of Riften. To achieve this, the Dragonborn must have good reputation with Riften citizens and have proven their worth to the Jarl. Below are the steps to acquiring Honeyside.
Step One: Proving worth to the JarlEdit
Wujeeta will want a healing potion in exchange for her talking. Once she has the potion, she will answer questions, giving information about the Skooma dealer that can be reported to the Jarl. After this, two other quests revolving around putting a stop to the Skooma trade will be received. If Wujeeta is intentionally killed by the Dragonborn during this quest, Honeyside and the title of Thane will no longer be available.
Upon completion of this quest, the Jarl may begin the formalities of pronouncing the Dragonborn Thane of the Rift if the Dragonborn has a high enough reputation with the citizens of the Rift.
Step Two: Building reputationEditAn improved reputation with the Riften citizens can be attained by doing small tasks and miscellaneous quests for them. Usually, gaining full reputation in The Rift requires completing between four and five of the quests listed below, but this may vary.
An indication that they have completed enough of these tasks will appear when the miscellaneous quests section prompts the Dragonborn to talk to the Jarl. At that point, select the first speaking prompt with the Jarl, and she will heartily congratulate the Dragonborn on their good deeds and offer the title of Thane, as soon as Honeyside has been purchased.
- Riften Reputations Quests
- Help Shadr - Talk to Sapphire in Riften
- Help Svana Far-Shield - Talk to Indaryn, Bolli, Hofgrir Horse-Crusher in Riften
- Help Harrald - Delivery from Balimund in Riften
- Help Hafjorg - Delivery from Filnjar in Shor's Stone
- Help Alessandra - Delivery to Andurs in Whiterun
- Help Bolli - Delivery to Kleppr in Markarth
- Help Wylandriah - Delivery from Ivarstead, Winterhold, & Windhelm
- Help Talen-Jei - Find him three Flawless Amethysts
- Help Marise Aravel - Find her five Ice Wraith Teeth
- Help Ingun Black-Briar - Find her Deathbell (20), Nightshade (20), Nirnroot (20)
- Help Madesi - Find him Gold Ore, Mammoth Tusk, and two Flawless Sapphires
- Help Balimund - Find him ten Fire Salts
- Help Snilf - Donation
- Help Edda - Donation
- Help Anuriel - Bounty Quests (Unlimited)
- Help Dravin - Quest Dravin's Bow
- Help Brand-Shei - Quest Wreck of The Pride of Tel Vos
- Help Mjoll the Lioness - Quest Grimsever
- Help From-Deepest-Fathoms - Quest Unfathomable Depths
Step Three: Purchasing HoneysideEdit
After enough reputation has been acquired, the Dragonborn can talk to the Jarl's Steward, Anuriel,or Hemming Black-Briar if the civil war quest-line was completed for the Imperials, who will offer to sell a house for 8,000 , but may be bought for as little as 5,000. If one has at least 5,000 , the option of "I'll take it" will be available. Click on that, and she will take all of the Dragonborn's gold, up to 8,000 , and give them the key to Honeyside and the Riften Home Decorating Guide.
She will then sell upgrades to the property. A list of upgrade options is as follows:
- Bedroom furnishings (600)
- Kitchen furnishings (500)
- Alchemy Lab (1,000)
- Enchanting Lab (1,000)
- Garden (800)
- Porch (400)
- Children's Bedroom (250)(to convert the Enchanting Lab to this costs 550)
Advantages and disadvantagesEdit
- Unlike Breezehome, it can be equipped with an arcane enchanter, weapon and shield displays, mannequins, and a four-space weapon rack.
- Smithing facilities are at the Scorched Hammer a short distance away.
- One of the Thieves Guild fences, Tonilia, is located in the Ragged Flagon (which requires a trip with three transitions to reach from the home).
- For Thieves Guild members who have progressed far enough in its quest line, there is a Thief Cache barrel in the garden that regularly refills with useful items.
- The two fish barrels that come with the porch update regularly and produce fish-related ingredients and food.
- The exit to the porch is to outside of the Riften city walls, in Skyrim proper. Honeyside is the only house in a city that can be bought that has a direct exit to Skyrim.
- The garden upgrade produces both alchemy ingredients and food items. There are also two chickens there, which provide meat and Petty souls (these chickens do not activate a bounty in the Rift if killed).
- Storage is adequate, with a cupboard, a desk, a chest, a wardrobe, two end tables, and three barrels upstairs, while the storage downstairs consists of the housecarl's dresser, end table, and wardrobe, plus two mannequins. There are also two bookcases, one upstairs and one downstairs, with the top shelves occupied. (Adding items to the top shelf may cause the bookcase to not activate to allow reading or removing books.)
- There is a basement where the alchemy lab, arcane enchanter or children's room, and housecarl's room are located. The housecarl, Iona's , room will be furnished after the Dragonborn becomes a Thane of Riften by talking to the Jarl after purchasing the home, giving 3 methods of extra storage, a dresser, a wardrobe, and an end table.
- The Dragonborn's spouse can live in the house if asked.
- There are fewer glitches associated with this house than others.
- There is no smelter anywhere in the city. There is one nearby in Shor's Stone, however.
- Its weapon plaques will sometimes display weapons diagonally.
- If one wishes to have their children in the house, they have to get rid of the Arcane Enchanter.
This upgrade adds furnishings and decor to the porch. This includes two rugs, two chairs, a table, a fishing boat with salmon to harvest, two fish barrels, a mead barrel, and a tanning rack.
The kitchen in Honeyside is actually smaller than the Breezehome kitchen as it is equipped with only a small cooking area, a shield plaque, three shelves, cupboard and a table with chairs.
The bedroom takes up most of the upper floor and this package fits a number of furnishings including a weapon plaque, wardrobe, chest, three end tables, a bookshelf and a large double bed.
The garden offers a small outside area growing various vegetables and ingredients, a barrel, thief cache and two chickens that respawn after a certain time and produce chicken breasts.
This package furnishes the alchemy lab located in the first basement room. It has one bookshelf like the one up stairs with the top shelf in use, an alchemy station, two long shelves occupied by herbs and ingredients, a tundra cotton plant-pot and a table with different recipes.
This package equips the second basement room with an arcane enchanter, a four-place weapon rack, two mannequins, four weapon plaques and a table and a chair.
|250, (550 if a conversion from Enchanting Lab)||
This package equips the room in the basement that would otherwise be the Enchanting room with two child's beds, a wardrobe, a chest, two chairs, one large table, one small table, two corner shelves, two children's practice dummies and a wash basin.
|Total: 3,550 - 4,300||The total cost of the property is 8,550 to 13,300 gold.|
- Four Weapon Racks
- Four Weapon Plaques
- One Shield Plaque
- Two Mannequins
- Four Bookshelves (holding a total of seventy-two books)
See Riften Home Decorating Guide for more detailed descriptions.
- A knife and fork will be on the porch, after the porch upgrade has been purchased, they can be picked up and used as weapons.
- With The Elder Scrolls V: Hearthfire installed, children living at Honeyside may remark about Brynjolf being nice to them and Maramal inviting them to the temple.
This section contains bugs related to Honeyside. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
|Click to see the list of bugs encountered|
Officially Patched Bugs