Mounts may be bought at any level for various prices from stablemasters in major cities throughout Tamriel and in the Crown Store. The cheapest gold-bought mount costs 10,000 Gold, and the cheapest Crown-bought mount is 900 Crowns.
Mounts have stats (Speed, Stamina, Carrying Capacity) which may be increased by upgrading your riding skill at a stablemaster for 250 gold per upgrade. Crown-bought mounts are purely cosmetic and do not have any advantage over mounts purchased with Gold. All mounts start with the same stats regardless of choice.
Stats and ProgressionEdit
Players can upgrade one of their riding skills (Speed, Stamina, Carrying Capacity) every 20 hours causing you to gain a level in each of the three skills. These gains are permanent and cumulative. The riding skill can be fully upgraded to 60% speed, 60 stamina and 60 carrying capacity.
Each upgrade level costs 250 gold. This means 45,000 gold spent on feedings and at minimum 3,600 hours spent for a fully upgraded mount.
A mount's three stats determine the following:
- Speed - Affects the mount's top speed and acceleration. Once a player invests a certain amount into Speed, a cosmetic change will happen causing the mount to have leather straps tied around its back. The maximum level of speed you can have is 60% above normal levels.
- Stamina - Affects the amount of Stamina a mount has and how much damage it can take before the player falls off. Stamina does not affect how long the horse can sprint but sprinting will drain its stamina which will mean an increased risk of being knocked off if attacked by an enemy - Stamina is essentially a mount's "health". Once a player invests a certain amount into Stamina, the mount will get a cosmetic upgrade, and they will obtain steel armor.
- Bag Space - Affects your total carrying capacity, and counts as an extension of the player's inventory. Once a player invests a certain amount into Bag Space, the mount will obtain saddlebags on its sides.
Mounts are available for purchase both in the Crown Store and at stables found in many major cities for varying prices depending on the mount, but there are no level restrictions on purchasing a mount meaning that players may ride one at any level. Players may have multiple mounts, although they can only have one with them at a time. You can change your primary mount at any time in the Collections menu. The appearance of a mount is determined by both the type of mount (Horse, Guar, Senche) and the level of the player's three riding skills, Speed, Stamina and Carrying Capacity.
Each mount has a unique appearance.
The following are types of horses purchasable and usable by players. All horses come with a default given name but can be renamed at any time by going into the Collections menu, right-clicking on the mount's icon, then selecting Rename from the menu.
|Sorrel Horse||Sweetroll||Horse||Lowest tier horse. Also known as Common Horse prior to Update 6.||10,000|
|[?]||Dapple Gray Palfrey||Stormcloud||Horse||Only available from the Crown Store.||900|
|Brown Paint Horse||Chomps||Horse||Also known as Draft Horse prior to Update 6.||42,700|
|Midnight Steed||Rambler||Horse||Formerly known as Gaited Horse prior to Update 6.||42,700|
|[?]||Gray Yokudan Charger||Shadow||Horse||Only available from the Crown Store.||900|
|Imperial White Horse||Diamond||Horse||Only available with purchase of the Imperial Edition.||Free|
|Bay Dun Horse||Starlight||Horse||Formerly known as Light Horse prior to Update 6.||42,700|
|Palomino Horse||Fishystick||Horse||Only available from the Crown Store.||900|
|[?]||Piebald Destrier||Ornery||Horse||Only available from the Crown Store.||900|
|[?]||White Mane Horse||Snowmane||Horse||Only available from the Crown Store.||900|
|[?]||Nightmare Courser||Darkness||Horse||Only available from the Crown Store. Has a unique fiery appearance.||2,500|
|[?]||Banded Guar Charger||Redeye||Guar||Only available from the Crown Store.||1300|
|[?]||Tessellated Guar||Patches||Guar||Only available from the Crown Store.||1300|
|[?]||Golden Eye Guar||Shreddie||Guar||Only available from the Crown Store||1300|
|[?]||Black Senche-Panther||Kismet||Senche-Tiger||Limited-time offer on the Crown Store from May 21-26 2015.||2,500|
|[?]||Striped Senche||Ratter-do||Senche-Tiger||Before Tamriel Unlimited, this was a loyalty reward given to players who had been subscribed to the game since its launch. With Tamriel Unlimited, game subscription fees were eliminated and thus all loyalty rewards are no longer obtainable. Players who received the mount may still use it, even though it can no longer be acquired.||Free|
|[?]||Senche-Leopard||Spangle||Senche-Tiger||Limited-time offer on the Crown Store from April 16-20 2015. Players who bought the mount while it was available may still use it.||2,500|
- The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- The Elder Scrolls Online