Wylandriah sends the Dragonborn to find three of her missing items to help her with her current research. She reveals the location where she left them, but they do not show up on the map as quest items as they are only counted in the miscellaneous category. All of the items are inside a satchel labelled "Wylandriah's Satchel."
- Retrieve Wylandriah's Ingot – an orichalcum ingot
- Retrieve Wylandriah's Spoon – a Dwemer stirring spoon
- Retrieve Wylandriah's Soul Gem – a grand soul gem
Each of the quest items will be found in "Wylandriah's Satchel" at the location.
- The ingot is on a bookshelf in The Frozen Hearth Inn, located just as one enters Winterhold.
- The Spoon is at Fellstar Farm in Ivarstead.
- The Soul Gem on a barrel under the stairs in The White Phial in Windhelm.
Once all three items are acquired, the quest will be updated to:
- Return to Wylandriah
If the quest is completed, Wylandriah collects all three items from the Dragonborn's inventory. After the items are removed, they are no longer retrievable. Attempting to pickpocket Wylandriah will be unsuccessful (she will not have them on her).
- Multiple Scrolls
- Wylandriah's Ingot is not named properly. It is an Orichalum Ingot with 0 weight and 0 value.
- Wylandriah's Spoon in one of three unique pieces of silverware that can be found in Skyrim.
- The satchels are present before the quest is started. If the Dragonborn happens to find one, take the contents and then speak to Wylandriah. The game will behave as if the quest has already been started and will give the option to ask "where exactly am I meant to be going?" However, the quest will not appear in the list and subsequently there will be no markers to show where the remaining satchels are.
- If the Dragonborn desires to keep the items to add to a personal collection, simply kill Wylandriah before completing the quest. The items will now become non-quest items allowing the player to store them anywhere.
This section contains bugs related to Hunt and Gather. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Wylandriah's Soul Gem is classed as a quest item and may not be dropped, but it can be filled with a soul and used to refill an enchanted item. Doing so will remove the item from your inventory and remove the miscellaneous quest "Retrieve Wylandriah's Soul Gem"
- If you get any of the items before talking to Wylandriah, the quest will not show up in the questlog until after you have retrieved all three items, at which point the questlog will update with the objective "Return to Wylandriah."