Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Hunting Bow is quite basic in appearance and uses the Reflex bow design.
Hunting bows are fairly common and can be found throughout Skyrim from from the beginning of the game onwards. Typical locations include:
- Blacksmiths and General Goods Merchants.
- Wielded by various Characters or Enemies.
- Found as random loot in chests or as a world item throughout Skyrim.
- Some Hold Guards carry them.
- Ironically, bows of this design are seldom used for hunting. Asiatic composites such as these are more sensitive to climate changes and have been replaced by more reliable selfbows, laminates, and compounds. Highly reflexed bows are also more difficult to string and (rarely) may reverse themselves if braced improperly.
- The bow design bears close resemblance to the Hun reflex bows, used by Hun archers.
- Most followers will use this bow when given arrows, and not use any other bow you give them unless they have no arrows, in which case they will use default iron arrows. On PC, you can get around this by selecting your followers in the console commands and typing
removeitem 10e2dd 1, and they will use both the bow and arrows that you give them.