|Skill Level||Master (100)|
|Effect||Creatures and people up to level 25 flee from combat|
|Spell Tome||Quest reward|
Hysteria is a Master level Illusion spell in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim that causes creatures and people up to level 25 to flee for 60 seconds. Hysteria is an Area of Effect Illusion spell that requires two hands to cast, with the animation for charging the spell taking around 8 seconds. The spell itself only has effect on the radius of those around the caster. The spell is a stronger version of Fear and Rout.
Hysteria may be affected by obtaining the following:
- Weight: 1
- Value: 1240
- See Spell Tome for a complete table of spell tomes, their descriptions, and their values.
- The spell tome is not available for purchase.
- The player must reach level 90 in Illusion before being able to acquire the skill tome.
- Speak to Drevis Neloren (The Dunmer Mage who is in the College of Winterhold) to obtain the quest titled "Illusion Ritual Spell." Upon completion of the quest, return to him, and he will provide the Spell Tome: Hysteria.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)
| Call to Arms • Calm • Clairvoyance • Courage • Fear • Frenzy • Fury • Harmony • Hysteria • Invisibility |
Mayhem • Muffle • Pacify • Rally • Rout • Vision of the Tenth Eye
|Schools of Magic|
|Alteration • Conjuration • Destruction • Illusion • Restoration|
|Illusion Ritual Spell • Magicka • Perks • Magic • The College of Winterhold • Illusion trainers|